WHERE ART PLAYS WITH SCIENCE.
We are Technicolor Games – a global network of artists & creative technologists with decades of experience across the games industry. We push the boundaries of the imagination to make big ideas a reality, by applying the best VFX, animation and interactive technologies.
We collaborate with leading games developers to build the most innovative gaming experiences imaginable. Our studios are the second home of the projects we work on. We push the potential of gaming technology harder than anyone else dare dream.
Our Keyframers breathe life into award-winning projects and our Art Directors empower studios from concept to execution. Our Mo-Cap team delivers highly complex in-game animations and cinematic content second to none.
We stay ahead of the curve, we innovate, we invest in and nurture our talent to create the best games in the world.
We are now looking for a Games Animation Trainer to join Technicolor on a fully remote basis, who will develop and support all junior artists and new recruits to enhance their skills. They will work closely with the HOD to develop training outcomes and will plan, build, and execute training programs such as new starter training, upskilling, cross-training, show-specific training, and masterclasses.
The key to this role is to be an excellent learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The Games Animation Trainer will receive on-the-job training on how to be a trainer and will gain a high level of expertise in pipeline tools and department workflows that will progress their career forward as an artist.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Present lectures on technical topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
• Guide and coach juniors/new recruits/ students in creating quality work.
• Challenge and encourage students to do better.
• Learn the Technicolor Games tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with partner departments, including compositing and recruiting.
• Create and improve on documentation and written tutorials.
• Work with partners in production departments to coach and support them in the creation of educational materials – such as tutorials, documentation, and project files.
• Create and structure the curriculum to effectively meet the needs of juniors/new recruits/ students and production and adjust it with changing parameters on the fly.
• Run dailies and provide feedback and reviews.
• Assess whether the juniors/new recruits/ students are meeting targets, work with them to improve, and provide feedback about their success to the head of department (HOD).
• Review the success of students after each round with all partners, enhance successes and address failures.
• Should be fluent in the use of Maya and other supporting software and tools.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues when needed.
• Previous working experience on Games pipeline.
• Mastered Creature Animation from schools like CAW and iAnimate.
• Familiarity with Motionbuilder, Faceware, Dynamixyz, Unreal or similar game engines.
• Excellent educator, who loves teaching and gains satisfaction by helping others succeed.
• Has experience teaching in the classroom.
• Has experience creating documentation, and both written and video tutorials.
• Able to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34ekq-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.