Senior Manager, Payroll
Los Angeles, CA
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Technicolor's Film & Episodic VFX service line (''FEV'') is the global leader in VFX design, creation and production for the entertainment industry. From concept art and visualization to motion capture and virtual production, our studio is a place where artists utilize the latest Technicolor techniques to bring ideas to life.
FEV operates a ''house of brands'' strategy underpinned by access to a global talent pool, investment in leading technologies, and the continuous optimization of workflows- to efficiently segment the market and adapt its offerings to widely disparate customer segments.
FEV currently operates under 3 distinct Brands: MPC Film, Mr. X and MPC Episodic; spanning across 9 studios worldwide in Australia (Adelaide), Canada (Montreal, Toronto), France (Paris), Berlin (Germany), India (Bangalore, Mumbai), UK (London) and US (Los Angeles).
About the role
This position will be reporting to Global Head of Business Development and will work closely with our talented team of Business Development comprising of Business Development Producer / Managers, Bidding Producers and Commercial Finance.
Responsibilities include but not be limited to:
• Oversee client consultations regarding bid pricing and strategies
• Actively participate in the VFX community at large as an ambassador of the FEV Brands.
• Be a mentor, role model and representative of FEV culture within the organisation.
• Motivate the team in order to meet and surpass business objectives in line with our global direction.
• Build a data driven culture through collaboration with rest of the Business Development team and focus on analytical and critical thinking.
• Encourage maximum performance and dedication from the team.
Bidding, Pricing & Strategy
• Responsible for strategic pricing (effort estimation X rate cards) for projects across the lines of business.
• Lead review and final approval of assessment of efforts (bid days) required for completion of a project composed by our team of Bidding Producers
• Develop and deploy models that are strategically focussed using customer centric proposition.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to provide market and competitor intelligence and risk analysis.
• Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging datasets to drive business decisions.
• Find the optimal balance between analytical data and practical application to improve decision making.
• Be knowledgeable of studio content output and how this effects our future strategies for targeted shows.
• Stay current of studio capacity and talent capabilities in order to optimise capacity across our studios.
• Report show bid strategies & P&Ls to MDs for review, bringing together all elements of effort evaluation and pricing.
• Communicate with Senior Management teams.
What we are looking for:
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in VFX.
• Outstanding business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to drive decision making.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Proactive, responsible, attention to detail and a good team player.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm55b3-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.