Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
As a digital resource administrator in the Technical Resource Management (TRM) team, you will manage usage and allocation of digital render resources of all production departments across regions of technicolor.
The TRM department is made of a technical multi-disciplinary team that oversees the operational management of all the technical resources used by our production departments. That includes compute, global syncs, storage.
What you tell your friends you do
''I manage thousands of servers to help create Oscar winning effects for the latest movies or tv shows.''
What you will really be doing
• Work on delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
• Work with production to identify priorities and creative solutions to render concerns
• Act as point of contact for production to communicate render and data needs
• Monitor render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
• Diagnose rendering problems in conjunction with the artists and production
• Manage render farm resource allocations, including people and systems
• Escalate render pipeline faults in a timely manner and ensure follow through
• Analyze and report system failures to System Administration
• Ensure team monitors critical systems, Grafana, data dashboards
• Work with Systems Engineering Group to ensure optimal performance of render farm, networks and storage.
• Provide general technical support to other Technical Resources divisions as directed
• Work with production teams to construct and implement render and data clean up policies
• Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
• Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
• managing cloud resources, cloud computations.
• Monitoring the cloud usage and utilizing optimum level
• Technical and user documentation
• Data Operations and administrations including backup
• Supporting the scripting used for Culling data, house keepings, Storage side support
• Production request handling, troubleshooting skills
• Monitoring control of technology resources across global sites
• Previous experience in an Animation/VFX studio is ideal
• Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Python, Nuke
• Strong client service and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
• Any Degree/3-year Diploma in Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree
• Team player with good communication skills
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb5eo-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.