Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work.
Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Technicolor Production Services is the division that contains our world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Key to the success of our division and its brands is winning the war on talent through acquiring and growing a community where artistry meets technology.
Technicolor Creative Studios Academy
The Academy is a range of courses designed to develop entry level students wanting to work in VFX, Games and Animation to become production ready. It launched in 2015, went virtual in 2020 and has trained more than 5,000 students to date.
The Curriculum Development Lead (Partnerships) is part of the Academy team with the primary focus to work with universities as well as VFX and animation institutions to build and deploy new courses that will improve student readiness for a career in VFX. These programs are designed to increase the quantity and especially quality of students enrolled in VFX courses, to seamlessly convert to taking Academy courses and eventual employment at Technicolor Creative Studios. This role is a blend of creating assets and tutorials and project managing other experienced trainers and artists to contribute – including delivering coaching and live sessions to University instructors and students occasionally.
Tasks include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for the creation, consistency, upgrading and management of training content for partnerships and pre-academy
• Ensuring new learning material is designed in an efficient manner as to utilise the content over several programs including re-using existing tutorials and assets
• Liaising with Heads of Departments to ensure the curricula of all courses is agreed to and when needed, adjusted, to reflect changing industry standards.
• Develop relationships with school program leaders with the Partnerships Manager
• 10 years of relevant VFX or 3D Animation experience
• Skilled with production experience in at least one of the following: 3D realistic animation, Tech Anim/CFX, Rigging or Groom
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Adept in skillfully juggling tasks and monitoring targets
• Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Clear and confidant communicator in English. Must be comfortable speaking and drafting emails with partners, public speaking and presenting to individuals and small groups
• Experience creating VFX courses including video tutorials
• Knowledge of and passion for film, entertainment, virtual learning, and related technology industries (including key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
• Project management experience
• Education sector experience as a program manager or lead instructor
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5op0-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.