Technicolor Film & Episodic VFX operates across several locations, whilst having a focus on future growth and expansion. The primary mission is to move the business forward through successfully executing a portfolio of company-wide learning functions and training-specific initiatives. This role will manage and lead the assessment, design, delivery and measurement of training programs across the organization, including onboarding, eLearning, and skills training.
Reporting To: Head of Creative Training and Development
Department: Creative Training & Development
The aim of the Creative Training Lead is to develop and support all artists in a creative department and to enhance their skills. They will work closely with the HODs to develop training outcomes and will plan, build, and execute training programs such as New starter training, upskilling, cross-training, show-specific training, and masterclasses. Key to this role is to be an excellent learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Work with the HOD in creating and executing a training program.
• Develop and maintain the skills matrix for the department.
• Learn the pipeline tools, procedures, and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Work one on one or with groups of artists in expanding their knowledge and skill level.
• Tracking individual artist's current skill sets and the development of new skills.
• Create and run the onboarding training program for new artists.
• Run training dailies and provide feedback to trainees.
• Create and deploy show specific training programs to prepare artists for current and upcoming productions.
• Choose topics, organize, and promote masterclass and guest lecture events.
• Create, collect, and manage files and assets to be used in training programs.
• Create and edit video tutorials with an emphasis on brevity and clarity.
• Be an administer and maintain the training show in the pipeline.
• Advise the HOD in artist assessments and when assigning artists to shows.
• Be involved in the development and documentation of new tools and workflows.
• Oversee the standards and creation of department documentation.
• Create and present proposals for new training initiatives to the training management.
• Interface with the Focus Academy counterpart in coordinating training efforts.
• Work on active shows or Teach in the Academy if there is a break in the training schedule.
• Is an expert in their field with at least four years of production experience in VFX/CGI feature films or equivalent experience.
• Is an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Is able to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
• Previous experience as a trainer is highly desirable, but applicants with a genuine interest in moving into training will be considered.
• Solid knowledge of commercial software such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke is must.
• Production experience in Animation/Lighting/FX/Assets/Compositing is a huge plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67op8-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.