Full Time Job
Content Rights & Clearance Specialist
- Full Time
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading creative brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor has worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing.
The primary focus of the position is to initiate and follow the processes required to validate an individual's or company's right of ownership to proprietary motion picture film, video or data media content used in broadcast television, streaming sites and theatrical environments.
Success in this effort is achieved once establishment of a respective party's legitimacy as being authorized to take possession of respective materials is proven and appropriate documents authorizing release are drafted. This vetting process includes; review of available data to confirm physical assets are being held, communication with the inquiring party in the form of questions and requests for information, research of legal documents and other historical documents associated with previous business activity involving the assets(s). In addition to the primary area of focus, this position will play on active role in development, staff oversight, and participation in ongoing inventory reconciliation and space management projects.
• Field incoming calls (reactively) from domestic and international parties and established clientèle who make inquiries regarding our holding of physical media asset. This usually includes referencing specific titles for media and requests for information regarding course of action to be taken to have materials released into their possession.
• Analyze data, identify and (pro-actively) locate and pursue clientèle who are recognized likely rights holders of media assets being stored. Strategize and determine best course of action to take with these clients and execute accordingly.
• Research proprietary company legal documents to determine if there is any information associated with current or prior business transactions that have an impact in determination of current rights ownership. Review any information available on websites that can assist in providing additional information that may be used for further validation of ownership by associated parties. Review available inventory data that may represent precedents established through previous similar transactions between the company and the requesting parties.
• Interact with the company's Legal Dept. for guidance and support as necessary.
• Draft legal documents for issuance to clientèle authorizing release of materials for the purpose of relieving the company of any liability moving forward.
• Work with and direct support staff accordingly in various jobs including data reconciliation tasks, generation of reports, client interface, physical asset retrieval, preparation and out-processing of materials. Play a role in establishing strategies to best implement ''projects'' associated with tasks such as coordination of large volume asset removals and space management changes that improve efficiencies in a challenging warehouse storage setting.
• Continuing interaction with the Department's Director in becoming familiar with all responsibilities associated with that position and gaining an ability to oversee all operational components in a supplemental role.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience serving as or in the role equivalent to a paralegal assistant with emphasis on reading and understanding legal agreements. More specifically, documents associated with rights ownership or access to entertainment and various other media content.
• Management, Supervisory or equivalent leadership skills.
• Interpersonal, written and communicative skills (grammar / vocabulary / sentence structure).
• Research, organizational and analytical skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS applications with emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Familiarity with warehouse logistics in the area of inventory accountability and control in a barcode driven environment to include space management, storage strategies and workstation efficiencies.
• Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks in association with levels of importance and urgency relative to meeting short and long term objectives.
• An independent decision maker needing little supervision with a disciplined proactive demeanor and confidence in approaching tasks with efficiency.
• Knowledge of past and present types of content media such as motion picture film, audio, video, and data media formats and their functionality in the industry relative to post production and exhibition.
• Familiarity with current and past production studios, films, TV shows, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55yve-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.