Remote / Virtual
Technicolor Animation and Games is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation and Games includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets. If you are an artist who believes in storytelling and have the desire to push beyond your comfort levels, then we are looking for you!
A Concept Designer is responsible for design, develop & execute the concepts.
If you are passionate about Animation & Games and if you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike worlds with realistic characters and creatures with the use of requisite softwares, then we want to hear from you!
Essentials & other must have skills
• A fundamental understanding of MAX and/or other 3D related software package.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator/CorelDRAW, and other related software
• Exceptional traditional art foundation skills including Anatomy, perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships
• Understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
• Familiar with current design trends and brands
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
• Be able to generates concept art at multiple levels of refinement, i.e. storyboards, thumbnails, sketches, color comps, show pieces, loading screens, UI elements.
• Should have working knowledge of Graphic Design & Layout
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with Animation & Games pipeline preferably Games
• Basic painting (digital or traditional) and sketching ability is preferable
• Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Concept Artist: 0-4 Years
• Concept Artist: 4-7 Years
• Senior Concept Artist :7+ Years
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.