Technicolor Production Service Division (PS) provides a full range of production and post production services for feature films, TV, Advertising and Games.
Reporting to the PS Head of Commercial Finance, the Commercial Finance Director will lead a new finance business partnering team. This team will provide professional finance, commercial support service to the respective business unit, service line and PS management team. You will be a core member of the PS Finance Community, working collaboratively with fellow FP&A and Financial Control & Accounting teams to ensure best practice and deliver expertise in a cross-section of financial activities.
The role interacts with finance colleagues across Europe and North America. Therefore, flexibility is required as the role will often require calls outside of normal working hours.
You will build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with senior managers and their teams. You will be expected to lead on financial and resource matters, influence decision-making, improve business performance, develop and deliver service line strategy, delivering analysis and insight on business opportunities; working with FP&A to provide options and scenarios for business decisions.
You will manage a team made up of project controllers and responsible for evaluating development needs and ensuring that your staff undertake relevant CPD/training where required. You will be expected to work with your peers and other finance colleagues to ensure consistency of practice and continuous improvement activity across your service line and PS.
Key activities include:
• Providing financial leadership to the Executive/senior Management team in India and globally.
• Work with the business to identify key risks and opportunities and ensure these are mitigated or delivered.
• With support from FP&A, provide analysis to the Business Heads, Executive Producers and MDs each show's profitability and provide insight into opportunities and risks.
• Proactively identifying areas to maximize value and profitability by driving commercial analysis.
• Providing analysis to the business on opportunities and risks with changes to shows/projects.
• Driving finance transformation.
• Responsible for the India element of project controlling of all projects, ensuring accurate revenue recognition, optimizing margins and enabling the producers to deliver profitable projects.
• Assist business unit management team in the decision-making process, business cases, contract margin.
• Work with the shared functions such as Global Business Services (GBS), Group Tax, and Group Treasury, ensuring that key financial controls are in place and required outputs are delivered accurately and on time.
• Assist GBS & Group Tax in providing information to tax authorities for renegotiating APAs.
• Minimum 15 years relevant experience with 5 years in a finance leadership role.
• A professional Accountancy Qualification with evidence of up-to-date knowledge and relevant management accounting experience.
• Financial and commercial acumen and leadership when undertaking financial reviews and assessments, applying judgement and providing direction on outcomes.
• Experience in working on a project team and supporting and advising on major financial decisions.
• Demonstrable negotiation, relationship building, and conflict resolution skills.
• Evidenced excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring clarity of messages, ideas and facts.
• Experience in working in a large complex organization.
• Experience in working in a Technology, Media & Entertainment environment.