Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Reporting to the Head of Creative Operations for FEV India, the CG Supervisor is the ultimate workflow architect and technical problem solver of our films. Working across every department, from Assets to Compositing, the CG Supervisor works closely with the VFX and show creative leadership (eg Asset Supervisors, 2D Supervisors) to identify workflows and tools; offer strategies to deliver the show as efficiently as possible, and to assess technical options.
The CG Supervisor ensures work passes through our pipeline seamlessly and participates as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of 3D Pre and Post Production.
Technicolor is one of the world's leading visual effects and film production companies. With technology at its core, we are the market leader and trend setter in a highly competitive market. We are looking for candidates who believe in the magic of film and are as excited as we are to work in a fast paced and ever changing industry.
• Work with the VFX Supervisor, Creative Leaderships, Leads and Heads of Departments to define the technical approach for the show
• Create a blueprint specific to the show to define the workflows and the tools that will be used per sequence
• Presenting the show blueprint back to the HCO for approval, and working closely with them if any changes are required
• Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the team and to evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
• Responsible for translating the vision of the VFX Supervisor into workflows to the team and keeping the team on track in achieving this vision
• Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis
• Attend dailies sessions with the team to ensure workflows are being adhered to
• Regular check ins with HODs to ensure that workflows are being adhered to
• Meet with the show Leads on a regular basis to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve such issues
• Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within the pipeline where possible
• Be the driving force behind a project to push content from one department to the next
• Responsible for setting up the show configurations
• Work with the VFX Supervisor to set up presentation for the project for various client stages of approval
• Work with the software department to develop tools/workflows that are needed for the show
• Control and manage the Render forecast and work closely with teams to keep this accurate
• Control and manage the Sync footprint on the project reviewing and reducing where possible
• Work closely with the Asset Supervisor to ensure they are connected to the show and fully briefed on the context of the assets
• Work closely with the Comp Supervisor to ensure they are connected to the show and fully briefed on the requirements for Comp
• Brief and work closely with the Matchmove/Rotoanim Supervisor on all shots
Skills and Experience
• Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines
• Knowledge of the entire production process, including stage shooting is preferred
• Demonstrated CG leadership experience using Maya and Renderman on live-action commercial or feature film productions
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills – you have the ability to look at a problem, break it down and deliver solutions. Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work.
• Excellent communication skills – you need to relay your knowledge across the pipeline to ensure workflows follow your approved plan
• Team player approach with the ability to take direction/feedback
• Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
• Ability to understand client approval process
• Strong sense of team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
• Able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
• Highly adaptable with the strong ability to work successfully under pressure
• Ability to motivate the team and inspire to get the best out of them
• Ability to prioritize and understand the severity of an issue
• Understand your weaknesses and knowledge gaps