Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Business Development Resource Manager, Montreal
Reports to: EP of Strategy (Interim Global Head of Business Development)
The Business Development Resource Manager is responsible for providing the Business Development team with up-to-date global WFP information. Giving insight and suggesting potential scenarios for projects across our global network of studios.
This role is based in our Montreal office. The role will work collaboratively with the global resourcing team across MPC Film and Episodic and MR.X with members based in London, Bangalore, Montreal, Toronto and Adelaide.
The main focus for this position is staying current with an ever-shifting global resource capability and advising the Business Development team in the creation of location scenarios while in the bidding stages of securing new projects. We are looking to optimize global capacity across brands and the Business Development Resource Manager will take a neutral view when reviewing available resource.
We are looking for a resource manager with a strong analytical and planning background to help map out the current and future needs for resources within the business.
• Review the workflow between the global WFP team and Business Development and how information on new shows is communicated
• Stay connected with the global WFP team to provide up to date information to the Business Development team as they put together competitive bidding scenarios. This information may include:
• Scenario planning on current shows in production
• Planned growth on existing shows
• Hiring concerns
• Resource availability
• Attend internal meetings to understand resource implications of potential new work.
• Create first pass resource scenarios for new titles in collaboration with the Business Development Team
• Source, review and collect sign off on scenarios from the global WFP team, including needs for: people, technology, and facilities based on information from production, ensuring headcount and utilization levels are in line with the studio and show requirements.
• Through data analysis, ensure that potential risks and opportunities are identified and raised with the Business Development team leadership
• Develop resource reports specific to Business Development and noting a need for ad hoc reporting
• In collaboration with the global WFP team optimize the utilization of resources across the global network of studios by identifying gaps, prioritizing work and partnering with the management teams to drive resource allocation decisions.
• Proactively identify gaps in work to provide the Business Development team more targeted information about the type of work that could be accommodated at any given time
• Participate in and present analysis and resourcing reports in leadership meetings.
• Ensures that studio capacity is closely monitored against potential new work and resource requests.
• Experience within a VFX Production facility would be ideal however not essential
• Experience in a role focused on resource/operational planning within a multi-project, fast-paced environment with exposure to and experience in: Resource Management/Scheduling and Planning/ Project Management
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Advanced analytical skills with the ability to quickly assimilate data and transform this into meaningful reports
• Great interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain close relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo87x-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.