BI Engineer (Data modelling, ETL, Power BI)
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team is expanding its portfolio to meet the data and reporting self-service needs from Brands across Technicolor.
This is an influential and innovative role. You will support the transformation of how our data is structured, stored and accessed for Technicolor Production Services.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in data modelling, data warehousing, data pipelines, ETL processes and database management systems. You will be positioned in the Data Development branch of the BI team, directly support to the Data Development Lead and report to the Global BI Manager.
Development and collaboration
• Working with Data Architects and Developers to test and implement data solutions.
• Working with Analysts to prepare, test and make data available in a useable format.
• Supporting Project Managers with estimation and delivery of AGILE projects.
• Creating databases, advanced data modelling, star and snowflake schemas.
• Developing database security control and audit procedures.
• Creating Power BI business performance dashboards.
Automation and optimisation
• Optimising performance of queries, processes and logic.
• Resolving duplication of views and tables across the BI data warehouse.
• Developing and testing scalable ETL processes, including error handling.
• Writing scripts for stored procedures, database snapshots, backups, and data archiving.
• Using data to discover tasks that can be automated and apply improvements.
Data Integrity and Maintenance
• Ensuring data tells one version of the truth: consistent naming conventions and calculations.
• Creating technical documentation and Best Practices
• Troubleshooting user issues in the Support Help Desk.
• Developing dashboards and tools for analysis, (Data warehouses/marts/cubes/lakes/pipelines).
• A sound awareness of Data Management best practices.
• Handling database management systems (SQL and NoSQL), OLAP and ETL processes.
• Data cleansing, testing and optimising the performance of BI tools.
• Data wrangling and data mining, messy, unstructured and structured data.
• Working in staging and production environments.
• Previous experience as a Database Administrator.
• AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence) and AGILE SDLC processes.
• Working in Windows and Linux development environments.
• Good knowledge of Elastic Stack, AWS, Apache Stack, Google Cloud (desirable).
• Working as part of a Business Intelligence, IT or Data Science team.
• An analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving aptitude.
• Communicating complex technical matters in layman's terms to non-technical stakeholders.
• Expertise across Microsoft's Stack including Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, Azure.
• Expert in Query and program languages MS SQL Server, T-SQL, MY SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, R.
• Excellent working knowledge of ETL packages such as SSIS, Talend.
• Skilled in developing a wide range of APIs.
• Creating Statistical and Machine Learning models (desirable).
• STEM Degree: Science (Computer Science), Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to data integrity and service quality.
• Self-starter learns and adapts quickly.
• An interest in learning new frameworks and languages.
• A communication style and responsiveness that fosters effective working relationships.
• A positive 'can-do' attitude and delivers well under pressure amid tight deadlines.
• Works well in a team environment, willing to share expertise and learn from others.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm4y4-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.