Production Coordinator - Business Tools & Intelligence
BI Engineer & Data Architect (Data Warehousing, Power BI Cloud)
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team is expanding its portfolio to meet data and reporting self-service needs from Brands across Technicolor.
This is an influential, innovative role. You will support the design and development of how our data is architected, stored and accessed for Technicolor Production Services.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in data architecture, data warehousing, database management systems and ETL processes. An in-depth understanding of on-premise & cloud-hosted data solutions and Microsoft's Full Stack is essential.
You will be positioned in the Data Development branch of the BI team, supporting the Data Development Lead and the Department's Architect. You will report to the Global BI Manager and work closely with Developers, Analysts and Project Managers.
Design and Development
• Harmonising our data architecture from Power BI Report Server with Power BI Cloud.
• Architect, develop, test and maintain scalable data warehouses and data pipelines.
• Design, develop and test scalable ETL processes, including error handling.
• Creating databases, advanced data modelling, star and snowflake schemas.
• Writing scripts for stored procedures, database snapshots backups and data archiving.
• Preparing data structures for advanced analytics and self-service reporting.
• Delivering projects within an AGILE environment.
Data Integrity and Maintenance
• Ensuring the data tells one version of the truth: consistent naming conventions and calculations.
• Creating technical documentation and Best Practices.
• Troubleshooting user issues in the Service Help Desk.
• Translating business needs to design and develop tools for data analysis.
• Architecting cloud and on-premise data solutions; data warehouses and data lakes.
• Data mining, data modelling and dealing with big data.
• Database management systems (SQL and NoSQL), OLAP and ETL processes.
• Data cleansing, testing and optimising the performance of BI tools.
• Working in staging and production environments.
• AGILE Software Development Lifecycle processes and AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence).
• A background in Data Engineering, as part of a Business Intelligence, IT or Data Science team.
• Big Data engineering and Cloud technologies: Elastic Stack, AWS, Google Cloud, Apache Stack.
• Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving aptitude.
• Communicating complex technical matters in layman's terms to non-technical stakeholders.
• Expertise across Microsoft's Stack including Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, Azure.
• Expert in Query and program languages MS SQL Server, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, MY SQL, Python, R.
• Excellent working knowledge of ETL packages such as SSIS, Talend.
• Skilled in developing a wide range of APIs.
• Working in Windows and Linux development environments.
• Creating Statistical and Machine Learning models
• STEM Degree: Science (Computer Science), Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to data integrity and service quality.
• Self-starter learns and adapts quickly.
• An interest in learning new frameworks and languages.
• A communication style and responsiveness that fosters effective working relationships.
• A positive 'can-do' attitude and delivers well under pressure amid tight deadlines.
• Works well in a team environment, willing to share expertise and learn from others.