Production Coordinator - Business Tools & Intelligence
BI Data Quality Engineer (QA/QC, Data Governance)
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team is expanding its portfolio to meet data and reporting self-service needs from Brands across Technicolor.
The role is pivotal to ensuring that data is accurate, consistent, reliable and available for the business. You will be the interface within and for the BI team, driving data accuracy across the organisation.
You will be positioned in the Data Development branch of the BI team, supporting the Development Lead, and report to the Global BI Manager.
• Support the Development Lead to establish data quality best practices.
• To be a champion of metadata management for consistent data usage and data analysis quality.
• Identify and evaluate where system enhancements are required.
• Create test plans, automate and execute test scripts for data development projects.
• Validate test results against documented requirements and take steps for resolution.
• Build dashboards to report data quality trends, monitor the usage and performance of BI tools.
• Ensure data reference tables, views and import files remain up to date.
• Troubleshoot data faults raised to the Support Help Desk and resolve within the SLA timelines.
• Coordinate with IT teams to keep informed of technical outages impacting BI data quality.
• Work with Product teams to identify and document product changes impacting BI data structures.
• Partner with Data Owners and the BI team to define naming conventions KPIs and metrics.
• Developing data auditing processes and best practices.
• Conduct audit checks to ensure correct access and permissions to data is maintained.
• Implement and uphold a data catalogue and data dictionaries.
• Remain up to date with GDPR rules and compliance.
• Proven experience in improving the quality of data for information and analytics.
• Testing current and proposed BI tools and data solutions.
• Applying root-cause analysis to resolve defects in data and BI tools.
• Developing best practices within data management and reporting KPIs for data quality analysis
• Defining data through definitions, catalogues and data dictionaries.
• Working in staging and production environments.
• Working in Windows and Linux development environments.
• AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence) and AGILE SDLC processes.
• Big Data engineering and Cloud technologies: Elastic Stack, AWS, Google Cloud, Apache Stack.
• A background as a BI engineer, developer or analyst.
• An analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• Communicating complex technical matters in layman's terms to non-technical stakeholders.
• Knowledge of data quality tools and testing tools.
• Expertise across Microsoft's Stack including Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, Azure.
• Expert in Query and program languages MS SQL Server, T-SQL, MY SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, R.
• Working knowledge of ETL packages such as SSIS, Talend.
• Understanding of API development.
• Quantitative Degree
• ITIL certification
• Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to data integrity and service quality.
• Self-starter, learns and adapts quickly.
• An interest in learning new frameworks and languages.
• A communication style and responsiveness that fosters effective working relationships.
• A positive 'can-do' attitude and delivers well under pressure amid tight deadlines.
• Works well in a team environment, willing to share expertise and learn from others.