MPC Film has been one of the global leaders in VFX for over 25 years and counting, with industry-leading studios in London, Los Angeles, Bangalore and Montréal.
We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster movies like The Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Pirates of the Caribbean and Godzilla. We work on the tiny details and spectacular scenes that make movies truly mind-blowing. Animating everything from lifelike fur to dynamic crowd scenes to larger than life destruction sequences. We're scene builders, partners in the filmmaking process with a direct line to the director's creative vision.
The aim of a Department Trainer is to develop and support all artists in a department and to enhance their skills. They will work closely with the HOD to develop training outcomes and will plan, build, and execute training programs such as new starter training, upskilling, cross-training, show-specific training, and masterclasses.
Key to this role is to be an excellent learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The Department Trainer will receive on-the-job training on how to be a trainer and will gain a high level of expertise in pipeline tools and department workflows that will progress their career forward as an artist. Through this unique experience, the Department Trainer will gain and develop leadership skills and diversify their skill sets.
• Is an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Can work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
• A desire to grow their own skills and experience as they help your fellow artists.
• Previous experience as a trainer is desirable but not required.
• Work with the HOD in creating and executing a training program.
• Develop and maintain the skills matrix for the department.
• Learn the pipeline tools, procedures, and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Work one on one or with groups of artists in expanding their knowledge and skill level.
• Tracking individual artist's current skill sets and the development of new skills.
• Create and run the onboarding training program for new artists.
• Run training dailies and provide feedback to trainees.
• Create and deploy show specific training programs to prepare artists for current and upcoming productions.
• Choose topics, organize, and promote masterclass and guest lecture events.
• Create, collect, and manage files and assets to be used in training programs.
• Create and edit video tutorials with an emphasis on brevity and clarity.
• Advise the HOD in artist assessments and when assigning artists to shows.
• Oversee the standards and creation of department documentation.
• Keep a documented history of workflows used on shows
• Create and present proposals for new training initiatives to the training management.
• Interface with the Focus Academy counterpart in coordinating training efforts.
• Report to the Global Head of Creative Training and Development.
• Work on active shows if there is a break in the training schedule.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79vz9-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.