Los Angeles, CA
We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands, who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships, understanding that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences.
Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
Thirty plus years of innovation has established The Mill as a recognized global brand for creating seamless visual effects, but we are also leaders in design, animation, live action content direction, VFX brand accounts, versioning and global adaptations, digital content creation and distribution. Our ability to package multiple services allows us to deliver both schedule and budget efficiencies and to create with the multi-platform world in mind. This helps clients create gr e. eat looking content for any screen.
Our reputation is built on our people. We find, train and nurture the most talented creative, technical and production teams in the industry and our scale enables us to work individually, in teams or as an international network via our bases in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore.
This position's primary responsibility is to support the 2D Department. Art Support helps with fundamental Compositor duties for the 2D department, in addition to our Art Support duties. Art Support will be tasked with Roto, as well as clean-up (removal of tracker markers, removing signs or proprietary/identifiable elements from shots), simple beautification (reduction of wrinkles or blemishes from shots). This position will include on-the-job training in compositing techniques.
• Preparing Artwork for Flame/Smoke/Editorial (End Tags, Logos, Etc.)
• Preparing Titles (Supers, etc)
• Preparing Legal Lines (prepared to industry standards)
• Scanning Elements for all departments.
• Occasional photographing of elements (it is important to know how to utilize a DSLR camera such as Canon D5 / D7)
• Processing such files as Offlines, EDLs, audio assets, and other graphical assets as necessary
• Technical understanding of digital imaging techniques and formats
• Excellent understanding of and experience with the following software packages: InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, QuickTime Pro, Microsoft Office
• Solid knowledge of Photoshop and the ability to manipulate images
• Clear communication and excellent customer service skills and experience
• Ability to communicate with production and comp leads to understand task briefs
• Ability to self manage and prioritize tasks appropriately
• Ability to manipulate files across softwares (for instance, prepping an InDesign element in Photoshop, etc.)
• Knowledge of Nuke, Flame, and/or 3D elements is not a requirement, but would be an added bonus
• Knowledge of non-linear editing is also a plus