Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, with 700 million minutes watched each month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to hire a Business Development Manager. This person will work directly with the Head of Business Development to drive the growth of Tastemade across several different areas of focus including distribution of its portfolio of streaming TV channels around the world, growth partnerships for the newly launched Tastemade Maker Platform and Tastemade's leading SVOD services Tastemade+, licensing Tastemade's award-winning original content to services and platforms around the world, and other business development driven projects.
A successful candidate will have experience in content-centric businesses that monetize via advertising or subscription, developing various partnerships, and negotiating and closing agreements, and working across multi-functional teams. They'll work hand-in-hand in selling Tastemade to leaders at various companies, collaborate with legal to drive those deals to the conclusion, and then bring these partnerships to life.
• Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
• Embrace our world. Be globally-minded-value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
• Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
• Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
• Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you'll be doing:
• Identify various potential partners across a variety of different sectors that can help drive the distribution of Tastemade's linear channels, content, and brand.
• Negotiate deals with distribution partners in conjunction with Tastemade's legal team.
• Explore and vet new opportunities for the company and work with our finance team to model out.
• Oversee the integration with potential partners and be able to flag sources of friction or problem areas, and then work with the product/eng or content ops teams to address.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (partner marketing) to ensure partners drive success in terms of key KPI's.
• Provide general support to the BD team lead on key company initiatives.
What you'll bring:
• Strong business development skills such as creating and analyzing deal structures, strategizing around various types of companies to pitch and new opportunities to pursue, and negotiating deals of various types.
• Strong sales mindset in terms of effectively selling Tastemade and working with the team to continually enhance and refine value proposition.
• Nimble and able to work across different teams to collaboratively bring partnerships to life.
• 3 to 6 years of direct experience at either a content-based business or a platform or company that distributes such services.
What Makes Us a Great Opportunity?
We prioritize an inclusive, People-first culture at Tastemade. From your first day, we strive to be a welcoming team that supports, nurtures and grows. We are also firm believers in ''walking the talk'' -- our employee-led workplace experience committees, DE&I groups, and wellness and philanthropic initiatives reflect much of our culture and build a sense of real community among our team. While working at Tastemade, you will collaborate with passionate, curious, and authentic peers, who are driven by our core values and equally enthusiastic about food, travel and home & design.
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Competitive vacation policy and paid company holidays
• Medical Co-Part Insurance
• Apple iMac, MacBook Pro, or equivalent hardware
• Monthly wellness stipend to support your physical and mental health
• Monthly electronics allowance to partially offset cell phone and internet costs
• Professional development by way of a feedback-driven culture, regular performance check-ins, and in-house mentorship and support programs
• Collaborative, passionate, and fun colleagues!
***This role can also be located in NY
Tastemade is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruiting and interview process. If you require any assistance or need accommodations, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxz3p-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.