We have an immediate opening for a PR Assistant in our New York Office. What does this mean? You have a strong interest and clear understanding of what PR is and, most importantly, you love this work! This is a great role for someone who has a wide range of interests and just really wants to DO. You've had a couple of internships that solidified that this is where you want to be! You have all this energy, are building amazing relationships but just want more. Maybe consumer? Perhaps events? Social good? Tech and startups? If you want to take it on, show us you can, and we'll encourage it!
Assistants are the essential foundation of many teams and account-critical administrative functions. We teach our assistants the skills they need to grow, however, from Day 1, we expect them to exhibit behaviors that define the most successful communications professionals.
Our candidate is curious, eager and open to trying new things, eager to learn all aspects of integrated communications (from media relations to social media, creative, brand integration, and talent integration). Even though this may be their first professional job, they demonstrate emotional maturity in their interpersonal interactions. They are collaborative and inclusive of others. They are often the first point of contact for special guests, clients and visitors at the company (when we are back in the office!) and, as such, they are a clear communicator, professional and courteous.
• Willingness and an interest to soak it all in; learn the ins and outs of integrated communications (talent/influencer integration, media relations, social media, creative and brand integration).
• Creating and maintaining lists! Lots of lists! Specifically, media lists.
• Scheduling and providing logistical support for client meetings and events.
• Supporting client account teams as needed.
• Monitoring news cycles and flagging latest ''pop culture moments'', competitor news, for clients.
• Communicating effectively with senior staff on status of requested tasks and projects.
• Occasionally attending and supporting the execution of client events
• Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, budget trackers, etc.
You Should Apply If:
• You have 1 year of experience in this industry (communications, entertainment, politics, public relations, etc.) Internships count!
• You are eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You are eager to network and build connections in the media industry – the natural charmer you are can become best buds with ANYONE!
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends– our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxow74-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.