We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in our Los Angeles Office on the Film/Television/Streaming team. What does this mean? You've been doing this for a bit (about 5 years or so) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has a strong background in media relations, great press contacts and a clear understanding of how to maneuver the many facets of a film or television release. You understand festivals, awards, the new streaming platform landscape, have a great understanding of the entertainment industry as a whole and lots of experience working in it!
• Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4-6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Proactively mentoring and teaching junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If
• You have at least 4 years of public relations experience, with a focus on film and television
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with entertainment media and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
$67,500 - $75,000 a year
Annual Salary commensurate with experience (plus benefits; see below)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyv02-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.