We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in our growing consumer tech & brand practice. You've been doing this for a bit (about 4-5 years) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in technology and experience with tech companies and start-ups. You have TechCrunch, WIRED, and Adweek bookmarked on your browser and have a genuine opinion on the potential success of a recently launched start-up (we will ask)! If you (more often than not) catch yourself lost in a rabbit hole of Fast Company, you're it for us!
This role will work across high profile consumer technology brands and exciting startups, executing a dynamic mix of brand campaigns that grab the attention of customers.
Our candidate is curious, with excellent writing skills. We're looking for someone who can learn quickly and touch a variety of clients
-- from high growth startups to established brands. Our clients span hardware, creativity, gaming, virtual reality, fintech, heathtech, and more, so the opportunity is endless.
• Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4-6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Pitching, attending and covering festivals, tours, press screenings, premieres and other activations.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If:
• You have 4+ years of experience in communications, technology, public relations, integrated media relations, strategic media planning, etc.
• You are eager and understand all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have great judgment and can make ''the call'' as needed.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• You are incredibly organized and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously
• You're willing to work select evenings, weekends and travel.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
$70,000 - $75,000 a year
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus eligibility & benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reb3v8-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.