Are you passionate about the intersection of entertainment and social change? Are you interested in how media or influencers can shape perceptions and drive action? We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York or Los Angeles office. The ideal person for this role is a pop culture junkie who cares about making the world a better place. You are following the latest story that has permeated the cultural zeitgeist, keeping up with out of the box CSR campaigns developed by your favorite brand and taking note of talent who have championed the issues that they care most about. This position will play a pivotal role in driving messaging and campaigns that amplify social issues in or around the world of entertainment.
The ideal person for this role has deep relationships with talent publicists, managers and the Foundation teams at agencies. You know not just how to tell a company's CSR story, but which entertainment trade might pick up an open letter signed by top talent. You can build an initiative or campaign and guide clients through to the end. You have previous experience in building or working with the entertainment arms in the nonprofit space, community engagement, events and storytelling. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you're not afraid to voice it). You're able to see the forest beyond the trees to develop truly integrated campaigns and manage a truly integrated team. You stay up late reading your feeds because you just can't help yourself, and wake up reading everything from Politico and The Washington Post to Puck News and the Los Angeles Times.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work at the intersection of entertainment and advocacy clients, they are also likely to touch other clients such as events, lifestyle, CSR and other issue focused campaigns. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch media! Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of media relations, brand integration, digital strategy, and more. While we don't expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
• Leading national and local social good and issues advocacy campaigns, including developing strategy and outreach on various client (brand and non-profit) teams across talent and influencer
• Working with nonprofit organizations and corporate clients to build CSR initiatives and full campaigns around these initiatives.
• Developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies that include taking complex issues and packaging them for the general consumer, including but not limited to pitching and placing news stories.
• Providing thought leadership opportunities for clients and serving as a senior leader within the agency
• Managing complex client issues and able to manage clients through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
• Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of talent/influencer integration, PR, media relations, social campaigns, and overall work approach.
• Managing and building on existing network of talent/influencer reps and entertainment/fashion/sports/tech industry contacts
• Planning, managing and executing talent/influencer moments such as large-scale launch events, influencer dinners, photo/PSA shoots and more.
• Achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 6 – 8).
• Participating in and/or leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
You should apply if:
• You have at least 8 years of media relations and talent/influencer integration experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: securing top-tier talent and influencers for paid/unpaid opportunities as well as working in CSR, non-profit, and/or the public sector creating advocacy campaigns that are focused on earned media.
• You've managed a team with direct oversight for at least 3 years (of those 8 mentioned above).
• You know how to navigate stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
• You have a strong value and understanding of the rapid pace of consumer behavior and the influencer landscape.
• You have established press contacts and have your ''go-to'' folks to get that important message out.
• You have a growing list of relationships with talent/influencer representatives across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful talent.
• You have a genuine interest in developing junior talent and empowering them to be A performers!
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
• Experience serving as a project manager on integrated communications teams (overseeing talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
• Previous experience using influencer research tools like Celebrity Intelligence, IMDb Pro, HYPR.
• Political, regulatory, and government experience.
• If you have skin in the game. You're incredibly passionate about various types of equity and believe that you can make a difference with your storytelling.
$90,000 - $115,000 a year
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ovbp-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.