We have an opening for a Junior Account Executive on our Consumer Lifestyle Team based out of our Los Angeles Office. What does this mean? You have a strong foundation, and a clear understanding of what PR is, but most importantly, you love this work! We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in learning the ins and outs of working with a variety of consumer brands in lifestyle, tech and pop culture. The ideal candidate has media relations experience and can make relevant media connections. If you are exceptionally detail-oriented, a creative thinker and can expertly coordinate across projects on the backend then we want to hear from you.
• Willingness and an interest to soak it all in; learn the ins and outs of integrated communications (talent/influencer integration, media relations, social media, creative and brand integration).
• Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive public relations strategies.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading talent/influencer materials including travel itineraries, creative briefs, client materials, memos, agendas, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Scheduling and providing logistical support for client meetings and events.
• Supporting senior managers in achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
• Monitoring news cycles and flagging latest ''pop culture moments'', competitor news, for clients.
• Creating and maintaining lists! Lots of lists! Specifically, media lists.
• Communicating effectively with senior staff on status of requested tasks and projects.
• Assisting in planning and executing integrated events
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, budget trackers, etc.
You Should Apply If:
• You have 2+ years of experience in this industry (communications, media, politics, public relations, etc.) If you don't, we're open to hearing you out
• You are eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You are eager to network and build connections in the media industry – the natural charmer you are can become best buds with ANYONE!
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Are interested in social change and working with the different types of stakeholders that make an impact.
• A portfolio of media placements in local, regional, and national media outlets would be incredibly helpful!
• Previous experience using media research tools like Cision.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek4n8-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.