The Festival Video Editor is charged with editing marketing video assignments from the Creative Content Editor related to the 2023 Sundance Film Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Creative Content Editor, the Festival Video Editor supports Sundance Institutes commitment to creating content that highlights the needed work of independent filmmakers, and the resources that Sundance provides these artists.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, November 21, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and may be expected to perform onsite work duties as of Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently legally operate in, until the required onsite work date listed above.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Editing assignments using Adobe Premiere and companion applications while maintaining disciplined project, sequence, and file management skills.
• Collaborating with stakeholders, creative teams, and Festival personnel on all projects to generate high-quality marketing materials.
• Working with the Creative Content team to deliver initial cuts ahead of due dates, in order to allow adequate time for revisions prior to deadlines.
• Collecting and implementing feedback on assigned content.
• Preparing assets for delivery with all requested accessibility measures and basic technical finishing.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of related experience in video editing.
• A strong understanding of both commercial video structure and current aesthetic trends.
• High level of knowledge editing marketing materials for the digital space.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and companion applications.
• Ability to work with basic motion graphics, advanced motion graphic experience a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Are highly collaborative and communicative within your Creative team.
• Ask questions and proactively seek out the answers you need.
• Effectively prioritize and coordinate projects, keeping things organized to meet deadlines.
• Enjoy creating video content that spotlights independent artists and their work.
In addition to an hourly pay of $24.17, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1b6y-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.