Festival Video Lead, Digital
Sundance Film Festival
Remote / Virtual
The Festival Production Manager, Video Content is charged with managing the media production logistics and operations of the Marketing team.
Working closely under the Content Producer, the Manager develops and sets up organized systems and templates for media production workflows and scheduling.
This full-time, temporary position works from Wednesday, October 11, 2023 through Friday, February 9, 2024 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is preferred to be based out of our Los Angeles office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment. Additionally, this position may also be required to travel and be lodged at the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Overseeing media production workflows to ensure deadlines are met across the production team.
• Functioning as onsite contact and liaison for the Content team, public relations representatives, and talent for video shoots.
• Finalizing agreements, schedules, flights, transportation, lodging, and other logistics for contractors, working with team members to ensure accurate information is relayed and tracked.
• Working with producers, production agencies, and vendors to create daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video and photography creation).
• Working closely with the Volunteer Resources team to create schedules for the department’s volunteers, including finalizing logistics.
• Managing and working alongside employees and volunteers while providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure they understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, including completing end of assignment evaluations.
• Working alongside the production agency and vendors to identify and oversee equipment rentals, deliveries, shipments, and office technical needs.
• Creating daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video, and photography creation) as directed.
• Managing the Media Production Office during the Festival to ensure the team has what they need and the office is organized.
• Completing a comprehensive Festival wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of field production management experience, agency liaison experience, or related.
• Strong leadership skills to manage a small team.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize effectively.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift, carry, and push items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Oversee the production and editing of about 40 videos for the Festival.
• Maintain strong and productive relationships with vendors and talent.
• Build and maintain a successful workflow.
• Sustain a collaborative work environment.
In addition to a weekly pay of $1,069.62 to $1,240.00*, this position is eligible for benefits & perks, highlights include:
• Paid sick leave and Institute holidays
• Employee assistance program
• Employee Wellness Initiatives
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
*Location will be taken into consideration when making the final offer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x9ok-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.
The Sundance Film Festival is the ultimate gathering of original storytellers and audiences seeking new voices and fresh perspectives. Our annual program includes dramatic and documentary features and short films; series and episodic content; and New Frontier, showcasing emerging media in the form of multimedia installations, performances, and films.