The Festival Production Assistant is charged with assisting all departments with set-ups and strikes, deliveries, builds, fixes, repairs, and general hands-on support that is needed.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Production Services and the Production Leads, the Festival Production Assistant supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time and onsite in Park City, UT from Monday, January 8, 2024 through Friday, February 2, 2024 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. A total of nine (9) roles are available.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Running errands, performing purchases, and distributing materials, supplies, food, and equipment throughout Park City, Salt Lake City, and other locations.
• Executing load-ins and load-outs and set-up and teardowns of Festival venues, theaters, events, and offices.
• Assisting with inventorying, cleaning, and organizing storage units, and equipment as directed.
• Completing and maintaining accurate storage unit inventories.
• Tracking all receipts, petty cash, and change and ensuring cash and receipts are returned daily.
• Carefully and correctly using and returning department radios, cell phones, and accessories.
• Constructing poster kiosks, ramps, and other light construction projects as directed.
• Installing and removing interior and exterior Festival signage as needed.
• Addressing and resolving production issues as they arise and escalates issues to the manager as necessary.
• Maintaining clean and refueled Festival vehicles at all times.
• Driving 16 to 24 box trucks (over 10,000 lbs) with lift gates.
• Assisting with returning vehicles, performing daily propane refueling runs, and snow removal.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of MVR background check.
• Valid DOT physical card or successful acquisition of one upon the start of employment.
• 1 year in event production, large-scale event operations, or related experience.
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help bring the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $17.11, this position is eligible for benefits & perks, highlights include:
• Employee assistance program
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0nj1-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.