Seasonal Festival Production Assistant
The Festival Production Assistant is charged with assisting all departments with set-ups and strikes, deliveries, builds, fixes, repairs and general hands-on support that is needed.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Production Services and the Production Leads, the Festival Production Assistant supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, January 10, 2022 through Friday, February 4, 2022. Additionally, this position may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Running errands, performing purchases, and distributing materials, supplies, food, and equipment throughout Park City, Salt Lake City, and other locations.
• Executing load-ins and load-outs and set-up and teardowns of Festival venues, theaters, events, and offices.
• Assisting with inventorying, cleaning, and organizing storage units, and equipment as directed.
• Completing and maintaining accurate storage unit paperwork.
• Tracking all receipts, petty cash, and change and ensuring cash and receipts are returned daily.
• Carefully and correctly using and returning department radios, cell phones, and accessories.
• Constructing poster kiosks, ramps, and other light construction projects as directed.
• Installing and removing interior and exterior Festival signs.
• Addressing and resolving production issues as they arise and escalates issues to the manager as necessary.
• Maintaining clean and refueled Festival vehicles at all times.
• Driving 16 to 24 box trucks (over 10,000 lbs) with lift gates.
• Assisting with returning vehicles, performing daily propane refueling runs, and snow removal.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Valid DOT physical card or successful acquisition of one upon the start of employment.
• 1 year in event production, large scale event operations, or related experience.
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Help rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to an hourly pay of $16.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxo49-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.