The Festival Coordinator, Theater Operations is charged with coordinating logistical and operational duties to support the Theater Operations Department.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Production and Theater Operations and the Festival Manager, Theater Operations, the Coordinator supports Sundance Institutes commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive in-person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, October 3, 2022 through Friday, February 17, 2023 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, UT office location in order to work onsite in a hybrid capacity throughout its employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Confirming the budget, timing of orders, and facilitating delivery schedules for theater equipment and supply orders.
• Coordinating theater load-ins and load-outs, including, receiving inventory, rental and storage equipment, developing schedules, moves, and build-outs.
• Ordering, tracking inventories, and distributing theater signage as directed.
• Acting as a department representative for the Theater Operations Office during the Festival.
• Supporting the setup of the Theater Operations Festival Office including desks space, furniture needs, and technology installation.
• Scheduling, training, and managing volunteers as assigned.
• Distributing film posters to assigned theaters as directed by the Press Office.
• Creating a system to maintain accurate team contact information, including phone numbers, schedules, locations, and calendars.
• Tracking, distributing, and collecting theater keys to volunteer theater managers, technical presentation, operations, and Technology Services personnel.
• Coordinating and conducting daily runs for equipment and supply deliveries for all theaters.
• Supporting the management of the Theater Operations Department vehicle rental fleet.
• Taking minutes at department meetings and routing them to the team.
• Assisting the team with timelines, inventorying, ordering, and special screenings, as directed.
• Writing a comprehensive written wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in venue or event operations or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively motivate volunteers you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Help provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Effectively use strong organizational skills to help keep yourself and the team accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to a hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zj8e-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.