The Festival Coordinator, Media Accreditation is charged with coordinating administrative and logistical duties to process assigned accreditation of publicists, crew, or the media to the Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Festival Manager, Media Accreditation, the Festival Coordinator for Accreditations work supports Sundance Institutes commitment to artists and is part of furthering awareness, relevance, and impact of our mission.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Wednesday, October 26, 2022 through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 with most time spent working remotely. Additionally, this position may be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Maintaining accurate and complete information for all accreditation applicants in the database, including electronically archiving press coverage.
• Leading the outreach and accreditation efforts for media crews/photographers covering the Festival and for publicists working the Festival that require accreditation.
• Supporting research and contacting desired media to cover the Festival and who have not covered the Festival previously.
• Working closely with Technology Services, updating the online press application as needed and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
• Processing accreditation applications, making recommendations and participating in application review meetings.
• Submitting credential information and working with relevant staff to ensure press credentials are completed by deadline.
• Serving as the main point of contact for crews/photographers and publicists regarding questions, concerns, and to provide timely correspondence regarding their application status.
• Maintaining the system for credentialing publicists and camera crews/photographers pre-Festival and onsite.
• Requesting various reports and delivering reports to internal departments as requested.
• Preparing and conducting at-Fest Check-in, including pre-Festival planning, onsite facilitation, coordinating volunteers, ticketing, parking, etc.
• Supporting team members during peak times.
• Acting as a central point of communication for crews/photographers filming in official venues.
• Distributing Press and Industry (P&I) attendance sheets to publicists.
• Assisting with after hours screenings and events as assigned.
• Working press lines during the Festival as directed.
• Providing a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in media relations, marketing or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Working knowledge of media tracking platforms such as Cision, or Muckrack preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you
• Support the accreditation of the 2023 Sundance Film Festival press corps.
• Demonstrate an attentiveness to detail in your daily work.
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask, and seamlessly manage priorities with strict time constraints.
• Exhibit the ability to research media contacts and handle outreach to contacts.
• Exhibit the ability to maintain productivity, while working with minimal supervision.
• Effectively contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40kp1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.