The Festival Assistant, Merchandise Store is charged with assisting the Store Manager with the daily store operations including register sales, inventory, customer service, and maintaining the store.
Working closely under the direction of Manager, Merchandise, the Festival Merchandise Store Assistant supports Sundance Institutes commitment to creating an event atmosphere of radical warmth, community, and hospitality as well as a commitment to safety, belonging, and accessibility for all.
This position works full time out of one of our Park City, Utah merchandise stores from Monday, January 31, 2022 through Tuesday, January 18, 2022. This role is expected to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays throughout the duration of its temporary employment.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Assisting the Manager with opening and closing the merchandise store daily.
• Maintaining store procedures including running the register and completing customer transactions.
• Taking inventory of deliveries upon receipt and at end-of-day.
• Working with the Manager to set up merchandise displays.
• Monitoring and possibly modifying the store layout with Manager approval.
• Maintaining a high level of customer support for all patrons.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1 year retail experience.
• Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to stand and walk for long durations 12+ hours a day and able to lift items 50 lbs.
• Ability to maintain a high level of trust and accountability with inventory.
• Familiarity with retail Point of Sale (POS) software is a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Help to create a successful, organized, unique Festival experience for everyone.
• Take direction openly and embrace change effectively.
• Thrive in a busy environment and handle onsite adjustments seamlessly.
In addition to an hourly pay of $16.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw90wj-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.