The Coordinator, Program Operations is responsible for overseeing and coordinating year-round digital technical aspects in service of educational and non-fundraising events. Additionally, this position is charged with coordinating meals and events and the onsite guest experience for designated guests of assigned residency labs, workshops, and other year-round program activities
Working closely under the Senior Manager, Program Operations the coordinator will focus on supporting projects over cross-functional teams ensuring the successful implementation of all operational and logistical plans to meet the goals and milestones associated with the production of in-person Institute programs and will also focus on technical execution of digital panels, presentations, and events for Institute programs.
This full-time position is based out of our Park City, UT office with regular opportunities to work from home. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will also be required at key points throughout the year. This position may also be lodged onsite at the Sundance Mountain Resort for a portion of the summer Labs or other on-site locations as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Planning all meals, including tracking special dietary needs, calculating projected numbers, providing guarantees for each meal, ordering outside catering, and coordinating off-site meals as necessary for 12+ lab programs a year.
• Setting up and tearing down events (receptions, meetings, parties, break stations, etc.) may include furniture, decor, food and beverage, and rentals.
• Conducting pre-event and post-event inventory of equipment and supplies and properly storing them.
• Ensuring banquet event order agreements are met and adjustments are made as needed.
• Providing quick feedback on menus, setup needs, and other event details to venues and vendors.
• Monitoring the side-by-side program event calendars to track accurate event times, dates, and setup needs.
• Preparing participant check-in items, including credentials, agreements, information packets, lab books, and ensuring the assembly of materials and leading the process and execution of onsite check-in.
• Scheduling and facilitating meetings with required stakeholders to confirm participants housing, air and ground travel, meals, expenses, and charge-outs are accurate for programs as assigned.
• Booking air and ground travel for participants attending program events and serving as customer service for any travel-related questions when onsite.
• Coordinating and processing participant stipends and honorariums and creating and sending a directory of participants after the event for programs as assigned.
• Coordinating and distributing merchandise and running inventory reports.
• Overseeing the execution of both internal and external Artist content presentations on a year-round basis.
• Serving as the Technical Lead on events using video conference or other digital event software, including overseeing pre-event tech checks.
• Maintaining participant information in the department database with accurate, up-to-date data.
• Tracking invoices and reconciling credit card statements, travel expenses, and petty cash.
• Updating departmental procedural documents, manuals, handouts, and emails.
• Completing project-based assignments as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• A valid driver's license and successful DMV check is required.
• 2 years experience in event planning, operations, or a related field.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording, tracking, and issuing information.
• Ability to collaborate with others and work within a multi-department, team-based environment.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Excel, and Google Applications preferred.
• Proficiency in leading meetings in Zoom and utilizing all of Zooms different functionalities (i.e. waiting rooms, breakout rooms, spotlighting and pinning participants, screen sharing, etc.)
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
• Experience managing budgets, working with and directing volunteers, or in the hospitality and tourism industry preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Can manage details while keeping sight of the big picture, successfully managing various projects simultaneously.
• Can build and sustain professional working relationships and successfully collaborate across departments and with external stakeholders to meet deadlines and goals.
• Are proactive in anticipating issues that may arise as it pertains to the operations and logistics of a program and can successfully problem solve.
• Are comfortable with change and with working in an environment that requires one to handle multiple competing priorities.
• Enjoy executing behind the scenes and demonstrate a passion for supporting independent storytelling.
In addition to an hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4pp1-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.