Summary of Position
The SVP, Distribution is responsible for establishing financial and subscriber targets across the distributor landscape (traditional and digital) and developing strategic business plans to achieve them and will lead a team in collaborating cross-functionally across STARZ to execute plans and evaluate performance. In this role, the SVP, will leverage data to define KPIs and identify opportunities to drive revenue and subscriber growth and oversee three main aspects of the Distribution: Business Planning and Partner Marketing for both traditional and digital partners as well as Account Management for digital partners.
Business Planning: Oversees strategic business planning across all traditional and digital distributors and executes portfolio-wide programs to deliver on subscriber and financial targets
• Leverages data from internal and external resources to identify actionable distributor, subscriber, and viewing trends ultimately driving subscriber/revenue growth
• Develops annual operating business plans, establishing strategies to achieve acquisition, engagement, upsell and revenue/subscriber targets
• Collaborates with finance to forecast and track subscriber and revenue targets for forecast and long range plan
• Establishes KPIs and tracks partner-specific goals for account teams. Allocates partner marketing budgets to align with real-time subscriber performance
• Provides framework for initiatives and analyzes results to maximize ROI
• Collaborates across distribution, marketing, program planning, DTC, and Data teams to execute initiatives
Account Management: Develops account-specific strategies to deliver on financial and subscriber objectives for digital accounts.
• Develops business plan and strategy for assigned accounts, works with partner marketing and business planning teams to execute.
• Establishes subscriber targets and KPIs for individual accounts and develops plan to achieve, leveraging key network opportunities (eg tentpole series premieres) as well as account-specific opportunities (eg Prime Day) to drive results.
• Main point-of-contact for account
Partner Marketing: Drives a comprehensive marketing strategy across traditional and digital distribution partners to achieve goals established by Business Planning and Account Management.
• Determines ongoing marketing strategy to achieve acquisition, conversion, retention, winback, and upsell goals for traditional and digital distribution partners.
• Develops media strategy and executes on-platform media buys across partners. Lead client for media agency and digital marketing team
• Collaborates with AM and client marketing teams to proactively identify and execute opportunities to drive subscriptions/revenue both on- and off-platform.
• Manages on-platform content curation in collaboration with internal stakeholders for digital partners (ie Program Planning, DTC, etc).
• Works closely with Business Planning and Account teams to develop overall content and product marketing strategies and assets to meet business and partner goals. Includes BAU as well as account and franchise-specific assets globally.
• Work across internal departments to socialize partner activity and advocate for partner needs.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree
• 15+ years of experience with responsibility in managing P&L/Revenue in media & entertainment industry
• 10+ years of experience managing teams (10+ employees preferred) across multiple disciplines
• Experience leading initiatives across vertical leaders in the following areas - marketing, data/analytics, research, digital products, finance, programming, legal & business affairs
• Experience developing and executing comprehensive marketing strategies across traditional and digital distribution partners that align to key business objectives
• Possess excellent relationship management, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
• Results-oriented leader with strong planning and operational strategic focus
Nice to Haves
• Experience working in premium television digital subscription business preferred
• MBA a plus
$300,000 - $400,000
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2546-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.