Summary of Position
STARZ continues to grow its global footprint with the ongoing expansion of its STARZPLAY streaming service. Currently available in over 30 countries in Europe, Latin America, and Asia, STARZPLAY is a premium SVOD service focused on a curated selection of first-run and exclusive dramas along with a library of recent and fan favorite series and feature films. STARZPLAY is available through its own direct to consumer app and via global and local partnerships with Telco and Pay TV operators and OTT platforms. This role will report to the Vice President, Business Development and be located in Santa Monica
• Support the negotiations of third-party distribution deals, including:
• Assisting in term sheet and long form agreement drafting;
• Creating detailed deal and subscriber analysis to support business case creation; and
• Conducting due diligence on prospective partners to inform internal negotiation positions/approach.
• Create internal presentations for critical senior stakeholders and executive teams; and external presentations with prospective and existing partners.
• Help in creation of subscriber growth projections and with internal distribution forecasting processes.
• Work directly with cross functional teams, including finance, marketing, operations, and programming, to launch STARZPLAY across new platforms and implement existing partner initiatives
• Track competitive trends, deal flow and market trends in relevant markets, including Europe and LATAM.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
• 3-5+ years of experience working in a strategy consulting, investment banking, corporate development, equity research or similar professional services organizations. Strong preference for experience in the media and entertainment or related technology industries.
• Foreign language skills a plus.
• Passion for video content distribution, OTT services and international distribution platforms.
• Expertise in financial modeling (Excel) and presentation creation (PowerPoint).
• Able to articulate problems, develop hypotheses, structure analysis, collect necessary data, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse, multi-location, multifaceted teams.
About the Company
Business Unit Overviews
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d86y79-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.