Originals Marketing Coordinator
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
STARZ seeks a Senior Coordinator, Digital Marketing to support domestic digital marketing initiatives across STARZ Original Series such as the P-Valley, Black Mafia Family, and the Power Universe. The person in this role will serve as a key figure in the day-to-day management of campaigns across social media, brand partnerships, and digital experiences.
A successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail and a great sense of organization to skillfully manage campaigns with many parts and pieces, but also a great creative eye and a passion for entertainment, the social space, and connecting with fans.
• Initiate and coordinate creative development-developing creative toolkits, tracking timelines, documenting requests and changes, and communicating the status of all assigned projects to other departments as appropriate-with both internal creative teams and outside agencies
• Work to secure needed assets for assigned Original Series, from photography to creative resources, by working with various internal departments
• Manage distribution of final assets to various partners and platforms, such as social agencies, YouTube, etc. while ensuring all deliverables conform to Original Series/brand visual standards
• Produce assets for use in the social media space when necessary, for example GIFs or simple graphics
• Perform social media community management duties when necessary including copywriting, posting, live tweeting, and fan engagement
• Regularly review all current social media communities and QA sites to ensure they are in perfect working order at all times
• Collaborate with creative agencies to ideate and create compelling, innovative social creative and digital experiences that drive engagement and awareness
• Serve as the day-to-day point person for internal teams like Creative Services, Traffic, Media Operations, and more
• Support sweepstakes and giveaways by overseeing prizing inventory and managing fulfillments
• Process invoices and other administrative duties
• Assist with platform verification process for main series talent when necessary
• Assist in deck creation for digital marketing presentations
Qualifications & Skills
• 2 years experience working in social media, digital marketing, or marketing
• Highly organized, proactive, and multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent projects and able to communicate effectively to team members, vendors, and executives
• Skilled in project management, able to prioritize, multitask, and focus while adhering to strict project timelines and budgets
• Strong attention to detail to ensure that all delivered assets conform to brand and company standards
Nice to Haves
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Communication, or other similar discipline preferred
• Working experience with Adobe Photoshop preferred, experience with Final Cut Pro or other video editing programs a plus
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.