Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead - Offer Services
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Manager of Testing and Optimization will collaborate with stakeholders across the entire Starz Organization and will provide direction for design and the implementation of hypothesis tests, post-hoc analyses, and aid in the implementation and validation of testing tools. Some of the key areas that the manager will work across are product design, messaging and CRM, paid media, and pricing. They will have a strong understanding of statistical testing methods, have some experience with programming languages such as R or Python, will feel comfortable working with data in a SQL environment, and will be able to effectively share their findings with business stakeholders.
• Ensure that conclusions reached by business stakeholders are statistically sound and used accurate and trusted data sources.
• Provide insight on how product design, messaging, and pricing affect our KPIs across short-term and long-term periods.
• Work closely across multiple business units to design sound experiments and advise with the implementation.
• Support the implementation of product and media testing tools as well as validate tools for accuracy.
• Analyze test data to find key drivers of test results and observed differences.
Qualifications & Skills
• Advanced knowledge of statistics and experience with the application of several experimental design and statistical testing methodologies including, but not limited to:
• Randomized, Randomized Blocks, Latin Squares, and Factorial designs
• Parametric tests
• Pearson correlation
• Nonparametric tests
• Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney Rank Sum
• Mann-Whitney U Test
• Comfortable working with structured and semi-structured datasets using SQL and either Python or R.
• Experience with AB testing tools such as Optimizely, VMO, Firebase, Adobe Target, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain the business implications of data analysis/reports and develop data visualizations
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience and BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar degree
• Strong SQL skills
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1op50-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.