Summary of Position
Starz is seeking a Manager to support its International (STARZPLAY) Programming team, which encompasses streaming content production, strategy and editorial across a global footprint.
The Manager will primarily handle content planning & tracking, library licensing and editorial documentation.
• Manage licensing selections and documentation for library films & series
• Leverage data insights and deep content knowledge to inform licensing (and re-licensing) decisions
• Ensure title information is accurately captured between Legal, Finance, Editorial and Operations
• Work closely with Operations teams to triage delivery delays and communicate changes across departments
• Assist Editorial leads with monthly planning / title tracking in internal systems
• Update and distribute various Editorial calendars
• Collaborate with Content Analytics Manager to build cost-efficient content models for new territory launches
• Liaise with Marketing teams to support distribution partner requests and presentations
• Support other internal teams with ad hoc projects
• Evaluate content for potential commission or licensing
Qualifications & Skills
• A love of scripted television and film
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of four years working in a Content Strategy, Editorial, Licensing or similar environment
• Prior experience with digital-first SVOD Licensing and Editorial
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, programming software, Tableau
• Advanced Excel knowledge (e.g. proficient with pivot tables, macros) is required
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to handle a high volume of tasks while maintaining attention to detail
Nice to Haves
• Prior experience working with global content
• Proficiency in multiple languages
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wp31-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.