Summary of Position
The Coordinator, Corporate & Brand Communications is responsible for supporting the department across its various areas of oversight – corporate and internal communications, government relations, diversity initiatives and brand initiatives and communications. The Coordinator will be responsible for aligning with their manager on prioritization of their work to support the overall business objectives of the department. Responsibilities also include providing assistance to departmental management and carrying out the functional job tasks associated with the department's business purposes.
• Writes and distributes company's programming highlights
• Assist in compiling Employee Newsletter, Government Relations newsletter and other newsletters as needed
• Creates and distributes company's daily press coverage reports
• Handles asset requests, inclusion of assets in press outreach and maintains asset files
• Assist in planning/coordination and execution of internal and external events including post-event activities
• Works within department and cross-functionally on press announcements
• Manage and oversee company's media room and related corporate materials; work in tandem with Publicity team members/consultants for programming publicity needs. Ongoing evaluation and updating of media room.
• Regularly maintains and updates the department's media and contact lists on an ongoing basis
• Creates and updates itineraries for executives, panel participants and talent/producers
• Books photographers, groomers and travel accommodations as needed
• Maintains department's material archive and central database on an ongoing basis
• Manage company PR email inbox in collaboration with Publicity coordinators
• Processes invoices for payment and corresponds with vendors for necessary information
• Partners with HR and Marketing in updating branding throughout offices
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Public Relations or similar discipline is preferred; minimum one to two years of experience in a consumer or business-oriented communications environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong computer skills including Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Strong organization skills and
• Strong research ability and experience
• The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
• Has a great attention to details
• Excellent organization, time and project management skills. Familiarity with organization tools such as Airtable, Asana, etc.
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the capacity to communicate via text/messenger with a fast response time
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work proactively in a fast paced, high volume, creative and deadline-oriented environment with the ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
• Experience working with high-level executives and maintaining the utmost of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
• MUST get the little details right
• MUST be able to operate independently
• A passion for entertainment and popular culture
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly-rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform to provide subscribers access to the ''best of global SVOD.'' STARZPLAY, coupled with its STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture, has expanded its global footprint into more than 60 countries throughout Europe and Latin America along with Canada, Japan, India and Indonesia. STARZ and STARZPLAY are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzez71-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.