Summary of Position
The incumbent is responsible for supporting audio, visual, multi-media technology, video conferencing and client hardware and software environments including Crestron, Apple, Cisco, Sony, Windows and other streaming and video conferencing technology. The position is responsible for creating, supporting and operating live production events, both in-house and externally. The position is also responsible for maintaining expertise on new, innovative, and emerging industry technologies, solutions, and best practices for improving the design and delivery of A/V and Client Technology services and equipment.
In addition, the incumbent in this position is responsible for providing accurate and efficient support for Windows, Apple and Android environments and VoIP phones, including but not limited to, maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and integration of 3rd party and in-house applications. Identify, research, and resolve computer-related, mobile device, printer/MFP and telephony problems for all Starz offices and remote employees. Respond to telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support. Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
• Understand and troubleshoot issues for various conference room technologies, monitors, video conferencing end-points, unified communications clients, televisions and audio conferencing processes.
• Possess ability to operate video switchers, audio boards, cameras, microphones and understand how all components work together. Manage media files to be used in meetings, presentations and events. Collaborate with participants involved with events including executives, facilities and external partners.
• Diagnose Apple, Android, Telephony, A/V and video conference hardware and software problems by asking accurate, concise, questions in a professional and timely manner.
• Understand business concerns and technology needs, and identify unique opportunities and develop independent solutions for client and company needs.
• Stay up-to-date on A/V and IT technology and how it can positively affect the Starz Client Environment. Participate in training sessions, webinars and research new technology and trends.
• Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and also need the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Respond to incoming requests (e.g., e-mails, dashboard alerts, telephone calls, voicemail, or in person) and accurately identify, diagnose, prioritize, log, and dispatch or resolve the service requests within established SLA standards. Enter and report technical problems, causes and solutions within the call logging software.
• Create and maintain documentation for all standard Technical Support policies, procedures, and practices.
• Understand and troubleshoot issues for various network technologies including cabling topologies, gateways, bridges, routers, switches and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols.
• Support all Starz key identified projects including but not limited to rollouts and upgrades. Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks.
• Participate in the On-Call rotation. Duties include being available 24x7 to respond to emails and phone calls during on call period.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Audio Visual, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CTS Certification preferred.
• Minimum three years technical experience in an audio/visual environment.
• Minimum three years in live production practices either in a studio or mobile environment.
• Hardware and software problem solving, problem solving and use of Windows, Mac and Android operating system and Microsoft Office applications. Understanding of IT networking principles.
• Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with other functions (e.g. executives, facilities, public relations, creative services and external partners).
• Experience with Broadcast or Media is preferred.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkj7p-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.