Summary of Position
The Administrative Assistant will handle the day-to-day administrative duties for two Directors of Original Programming.
• General assistant duties including, answering phones, communicating relevant information to high profile partners, scheduling and setting up conference calls, meetings, lunch meetings, after-work-hours meetings, copying, printing, compiling documents, creating binders, creating and distributing agendas and itineraries The Administrative Assistant will handle the day-to-day administrative duties for two Directors of Original Programming, sending and receiving mail and faxes, ordering supplies maintaining organizational grids and filing systems, etc.
• Manage calendar and scheduling meetings using Outlook.
• Arrange domestic & international travel and prepare expense reports, code, scan, reconcile and submit any other relevant documentation for corporate submission.
• Manage task lists.
• Track and document development slate submissions for executives.
• Support executives in tracking incoming materials for current series including scripts, cuts, calendars and delivery dates.
• Manage a high level of communication with internal and external contacts including internal staff and management, agents, studio executives, executive producers, creative talent, etc.
• Coverage of creative samples, submissions and development materials.
Qualifications & Skills
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Bachelor's degree in English, Film Studies, Film Production or similar discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum one year assistant experience preferred at an agency, network, studio or high-volume production company.
• Self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a professional and confident manner
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of industry databases including Studio System and Variety Insights preferred
• Technologically savvy including the ability to quickly grasp new software, navigate systems, execute online research, and generally be adept with digital technology
• Ability to proactively anticipate needs before being asked
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong phone skills
• Strong organization skills
Nice to Haves
• Knowledge of digital resources including Airtable, Scenechronize and Clear/PIX a plus
• Avid reader, television enthusiast and passion for storytelling a plus
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjx64-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.