Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that's Spotify. Join the Sales team and you'll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don't just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We are looking for a Team Lead, Account Management for our Tech/Telco & Health Wellness Ads business based in New York. The candidate should have an established record of Account Management/Customer Success leadership and revenue management, as well as a deep interest and passion for digital media, music, podcasts and innovation.
In this role, you will oversee the Account Management team focused on our Tech/Telco & Health Wellness verticals. We want someone who loves our product and has deep expertise in the industry and digital media. We are looking for someone to help build long-term consultative solutions, and lead, motivate and manage a team of front line Account Managers. You should be confident while being humble, and hardworking while still knowing how to have fun.
We need a proactive, proven and respected leader. You will be responsible for managing a team of Account Managers who oversee and support the entire client lifecycle – from pre-sale to renewal. This role includes leadership, performance coaching, training, strategic planning, expert product knowledge, in-depth use of systems and platforms, and the ability to lean in, contribute and drive success.
You must have experience leading Account Management, Client Services, or teams with similar responsibilities. Strong communication skills and the ability to work across multiple teams and functions is a necessity. You will be a reliable and crucial team member with comprehensive platform knowledge who can anticipate client and internal team needs. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music, podcasts and everything audio.
What You'll Do:
• You will work with and report directly to the Director, North America Vertical Account Management to collaborate, strategize, shape, develop and evolve the Tech/Telco & Health Wellness Account Management team to continually meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our partners.
• In close collaboration with the Sales Directors of these two verticals, you will build strategy and drive execution via outstanding customer service for some of the world's top brands and agencies.
• You will directly lead a team of Account Managers to support and drive revenue.
• You will be a guide on all responsibilities, processes and tools of the Account Management role and a demonstrated leader of the AM teams aligned to these verticals.
• Partner and deeply collaborate with Sales Leadership on key accounts needs, account planning exercises, QBRs, etc, and act as an operational point of contact and escalation resource for clients and internal teams.
• Provide team mentorship and coaching while delivering tailored solutions to client requests.
• Maintain and approve policy exception requests relating to Service Level Agreements, Compliance, Pricing, Makegoods, and more.
• Build a strong cross-functional network and conduct regular status meetings with the leaders of these teams to maintain alignment that supports the business.
• Lead the completion of AM team recurring tasks including pipeline hygiene, campaign pacing, production tracking, measurement outcomes and client billing.
• Assess and lead the interviewing, hiring and onboarding of talent.
• Identify needs and lead training for the AM team inclusive of role-specific, soft-skills, procedural and developmental curriculum.
• Provide bi-annual development talks to your team.
• Review and approve administrative tasks for each individual on your team.
Who You Are:
• You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business.
• You have a min of 10+ years of Digital Advertising Account Management experience, and a min of 5+ years of management experience.
• You are a digital media leader and consultant and have a proven track record of success.
• You have strong agency and industry relationships.
• You have a deep understanding of the advertising landscape and expertise in account planning, strategy, and media buying within Direct & Programmatic environments.
• You have experience running a team where Data & Insights drive the direction of the business.
• You have the ability to gracefully translate client requests for internal cross-functional teams.
• You are meticulous and find solutions for clients while improving internal processes.
• You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, upbeat, and willing to thrive in a high growth, fast-paced organization.
• You hold positive relationships with internal and external partner teams.
• You are an effective listener and a clear communicator.
• You have excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills.
• You are passionate about identifying and developing excellent customer service skills in others.
• You have experience working within CRMs, OMSs, ad servers and other digital media tech systems and platforms, and are experienced in tools like excel and PowerPoint.
Where You'll Be:
• This role will be based in New York, NY
The United States base range for this position is $ 94,517 - $135,024 , plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj39x-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.