Spotify is looking for an outstanding Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join the band supporting our Podcast Vertical.
The FP&A team is responsible for owning and managing the company's financial forecasting process as well as partnering with business partners to enable and drive financially informed decision-making. More specifically, the Podcast FP&A team is tasked to support the Podcast Vertical on all things FP&A including forecasting, reporting, performance analysis, investment decisioning and strategic planning.
The FP&A Manager will run core FP&A responsibilities for our Podcast Vertical with a focus on our Global Spotify Studios content production and licensing. You will work closely with global, cross-functional teams to tackle critically important and highly-visible work ranging from deal modeling and analysis for new creators to helping drive the evolution of monetization of podcasts on and off the Spotify platform. In short, you will help craft the process in which leaders and decision-makers across Spotify understand and evaluate our podcast business's financial health and trajectory.
What You'll Do
• Build and maintain detailed and dynamic financial models to support quarterly forecasts, budgeting and long range planning across the P&L and cashflow; relating to content amortization and supporting studio costs
• Optimize and standardize processes for Podcast FP&A's monthly and quarterly reporting, including implementing automated solutions
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis of trends and variances; identifying variances and ability to communicate findings in an executive friendly manner
• Partner closely with team members to communicate business performance, assist in resource allocation, and identify risks and opportunities to financial outlook
• Maintain close working relationship with accounting to understand changes in accounting policies; as well as master data needs and architecture
• Drive cross FP&A operational improvements and change management, including creating, sharing and rolling out standard methodologies in forecasting, reporting and planning processes
Who You Are
• 6+ years of relevant, applied experience in finance/accounting, operations, strategy, consulting, or banking roles (exposure to media, entertainment and/or tech is preferred)
• Advanced MS Excel / Google Sheets skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency and pivot tables
• Prior experience with SQL and BI/data visualization tools (Tableau) a plus
• Experience forming relationships across all levels of an organization and comfortable presenting to a broad range of audiences
• Self-starter who is proactive, intellectually curious, and not afraid to seek out projects independently
• Structured thinker with the ability to frame and reason through sophisticated business problems, even in the face of ambiguity or imperfect information
• A team player who enjoys working with a group of passionate and committed professionals to solve complex problems and drive incremental growth
Where You'll Be
• This is a hybrid role based in our New York City office (2 to 3 days a week required)
• Working hours? We operate within the EST zone for collaboration.
The United States base range for this position is $102,871-$146,959, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz4783-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.