Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that's Spotify. Join the Sales team and you'll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don't just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We're looking for someone with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation with a deep interest and passion for podcasts and audio innovation. You will be responsible for global advertising efforts and lead a team of dedicated and consultative sales leaders. We want someone who has a passion for working with clients, developing relationships externally and internally, is well versed in public speaking and engaged within local regions.
What You'll Do
• Define Americas podcast sales strategy and localize it per market in collaboration with regional leadership and market heads across ad sales, business development, content and operations
• Run sales forecasts accurately, set budgets and goals for the sales team
• Meet and exceed revenue targets
• Partner with Ad product and Ads engineering to implement and operationalize new podcast monetization features (SPAN select, video, programmatic, analytics, live events, etc)
• Implement/lead/coordinate client events, social engagements, and sponsorships based on local market dynamics and broad business knowledge
• Represent the Spotify Brand at client/agency summits through public speaking, panel moderation, and keynotes within the region
• Collaborate with content creators and talent to ensure their objectives are being met
• Hire, lead & develop sales talent & sales managers within the region
• Engage with key clients on a senior level, and deliver outstanding consultative customer service
• Analyze, validate and update performance to increase growth
• Develop standard processes and demonstrate cost efficiencies that can scale from local to global
• Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners internally and externally.
Who You Are
• You have 20+ years of advertising / marketing sales experience including 15+ years in sales leadership which also includes 10+ years of larger staff management.
• You have experience leading a global organization spanning across multiple time zones
• You are highly motivated, organized and entrepreneurial
• You recognize the value in working as a team
• You are energetic and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
• You have strong agency & brand relationships
• You have phenomenal communication, consultative selling, problem solving and negotiating skills
• You strategically use data and insights to advise client investment strategy
• You effectively position Spotify's podcast solutions through creative storytelling
• You have a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem and trends around digital, programmatic, video best practices, opportunities, and challenges.
• You have an understanding and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within digital, video & audio environment
• You have an existing network of senior level contacts in media and marketing
• You have mastered the fundamentals of sales management and leadership including forecasting, client research, pitch and presentations skills, bottoms up planning, and meeting reports.
• You have leadership experience with successful management skills and lead by example.
Where You'll Be
• This position will be based in New York, NY
The United States base range for this position is $185,605-$265,150, plus equity, plus bonus or commission. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9j08k-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.