Full Time Job
Writer / Producer
- Full Time
Job DescriptionWriter / Producer (AXN) - (Portuguese Speaking)
We are Sony Pictures Entertainment!
We are in the business of creativity… making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe. We are looking for innovators to join us as we forge the future of entertainment!
We are looking for our Madrid office for a Writer Producer for a 6 months temporary parental cover, from January to June 2023.
The Writer Producer has the responsibility to guide the Creative department and its creations to fit the Portuguese market best. They will supervise all the elements of the campaigns for Portugal. From concept, name, copy and being the last point of control before delivery for on-air, digital and off-air. Acting as a consultant for the whole department and participating in brainstorming to ensure that the campaigns fit the Portuguese market, also being a liaison point with sensitive external suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Writer-producer for the Portuguese Channels Brand and content promotions:
• Conception, development, production, and implementation of channel/content trailers, program sizzle reels, presentation tapes, marketing sales tapes, or any promotional material needed;
• Development of original copy, concepts, scripts, ideas, editing promotional material that works within AXN channel voice and tone and matches Portugal's cultural and market expectations;
• Providing direction on voice over records;
• Ensuring final checks for assets created from other collaborators for the Portuguese market.
• Supervision of the activities to assure the localization of our campaigns into the Portuguese market:
• Briefing review, concept supervision and concept transfer or translation;
• Active part on pitches, brainstorming guidance, and follow executions for the assets created for the Portuguese Market;
• Keep the department up to date about new platforms and cultural trends in Portugal.
• Support to the Creative Center:
• Providing support for assets delivery to the play-out, marketing, or affiliates;
• Ensuring zero mistakes in format, shape, and working with managers and producer to implement creative translations.
• Marketing support:
• Creation of special materials, versioning, or social media support to the AXN Portuguese catalog.
• Apply strong, high-level conceptual thinking to create work that can be spread across many mediums (on-air, print, digital, etc.).
Qualifications and Competencies
• A passion for working for an Entertainment channel and an affinity with the channel's programming
• Proven experience within an on-air / production environment, a marketing agency or TV station
• Experienced in creating creative video assets form tag to tail
• Create campaigns with impact on social and off-air
• Up-to-date on Portuguese Entertainment market- cultural trends and audiovisual panorama.
• You are a Portuguese native speaker, with a good level of Spanish and English
• Good scriptwriting skills, very creative mind and phenomenal teammate
• Able to interpret a brief to arrange creative work that's a solution to business goals
• Able to translate and adapt campaign concepts, scripts translation -Spanish & English- and subtitling
• Excellent problem solving and the ability to work to tight deadlines in a very creative department
• Knowledge of MAC and PC software, be proficient at Premiere/ Knowledge of Final Cut or Avid
• Good understanding of 3D/2D animation and graphic design, and audio post-production
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
ESP - Madrid - SPTI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjjpme-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.