VP, AVOD Channel Network Programming
At Sony Pictures Entertainment, our mission is to meet audiences where they are and drive awareness, engagement and fandom across our rich and diverse movie and TV content portfolio.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative executive to lead our AVOD Audience Network strategy, from launch planning to ongoing programming and channel optimization, as we build out our owned and operated network of channels and pages across YouTube, Facebook, and other audience-facing platforms.
This leadership role will define the audience network strategy for Sony Pictures Entertainment to maximize our audience reach with communities of interest that are of the greatest value to SPE across our rich and diverse repertoire of film and television IP. We are looking for an executive with extensive digital platform experience and deep understanding of the key platforms. You will be highly skilled in defining optimal programming strategies leveraging the platforms technology and products. You will have digital strategy and marketing experience with paid, earned, and owned campaigns. You are constantly experimenting with new and different ways to reach and engage audiences. We are seeking a creative thinker who is data driven and passionate about understanding what drives fandom. You will be instrumental in building the audience network, team, and digital storytelling capabilities for SPE.
You will be leading a small and growing team across channel ideation, launch, day-to-day curation, and ongoing maintenance. You will manage strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders across the studio, lead key relationships with strategic vendors, and liaise with executives from partner platforms. You will work hand-in-hand with our strategy, creative, marketing, and analytics teams to find opportunities to launch new channels, optimize existing ones, and create tentpole moments that drive new audiences into our network. You will track the latest platform and market trends and steer our content curation to maximize reach and meet our audiences where they congregate.
You will be instrumental in creating and leading a nimble, fast-paced channel management team, focused on driving commercial and consumer growth across the network as it expands. We are always evolving, always learning, and extremely passionate about film, television, and what's next for digital video.
This role supports all lines of business and stakeholders across SPE Globally. You are building an inhouse capability for SPE to enable us to capitalize on meeting audiences where they are.
There are two critical functions you will build and manage for SPE:
A team of Channel Managers with experience across the partner platforms and the ability to identify and program to communities of interest as we scale our audience network. Define new ways of working across SPE with key stakeholders to leverage the content and IP needed to program to and monetize the network.
OWNED AND OPERATED NETWORK STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT
Define the 3 year and annual Audience Network and Channel strategy, including revenue and profit budgets, marketing investment and strategy, audience and viewership growth goals across the platforms and financial assumptions.
• Responsible for the delivery of monthly & annual channel performance, audience reach and watch time and profit targets.
• Required to evaluate and balance the new opportunities across platforms and channels across the studio repertoire of content with laser focus on the building audience reach and engagement at pace.
• Responsible for managing the portfolio of channels, viewership, watch time and monetization and the P&L
• Lead Network and Channel/Page, programming strategy to ensure audience growth targets are being delivered with consistent channel voice and curation cadence.
• Partner with the datasolutions team to capture and harness the audience data acquired by the network and convert it into meaningful audience insight for the global distribution teams.
• Define the channel and audience amplification and implementation strategy across the network
• Foster an audience-first mindset, build the team capabilities and culture. Instill a test and learn mentality within the team and broader organization.
• Define an approach that enables the team to work with content supply, distribution, and legal teams to determine content availability and usage parameters
• Lead the collaboration and cross-functional relationships with creative & marketing teams and vendors to create to cultivate the network while continually striving to experiment with new product developments and platforms
• Interface with stakeholders across the studio to find opportunities for collaboration
PERFORMANCE TRACKING & ANALYSIS
• Define the KPI's for the network and channels, track, and report performance weekly
• Work in tandem with analytics team to define and monitor the metrics that matter, channel and audience activity and trends
• Provide regular reporting on channel performance and understand what is driving engagement and demand for our content
• Set goals for the team of channel managers, track performance and evaluate the strategy and implementation regularly to iterate and be continually learning and enhancing the performance of the audience network.
• Partner with finance to set annual budgets, marketing investment and align on key metrics.
• Bachelors degree
• 10+ years of digital media and platform experience
• 10+ years of Commercial Marketing experience required leading digital marketing teams, managing a P&L & Marketing Budgets
• Proven experience and knowledge of digital platform and advertising trends, martech and new technologies
• Proven experience leading content curation on social media and video platforms, particularly YouTube and Facebook preferred
• Experience leading a Growth function and cross-functional Growth initiatives.
• Strategic thought-leader and problem-solver, able to see the big picture and propose innovative solutions to complex Growth and Marketing challenges.
• Highly engaging and skilled Insight-driven storyteller, able to confidently and concisely articulate market insights, growth goals, and progress against those goals, calling on key data and analyses to illustrate and evidence that narrative.
• Strong ability to develop relationships and work cross functionally across partners and stakeholders
• Passion for film, television, and media a plus
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22jpy-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.