VP Business Affairs, TV Studio
Culver City, CA
Vice President, Privacy
VICE PRESIDENT, PRIVACY
SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT
Vice President Privacy is responsible for managing the Legal Compliance department's privacy function including providing practical, business-focused privacy legal advice on a global company-wide basis and the management of a team of privacy attorneys.
This position requires experience working on a wide variety of data privacy and data security matters. Must partner with teams across the company to support the accomplishment of business objectives in an ethical and compliant manner.
Advise Company on Privacy Requirements
• Provide practical, business-focused privacy legal advice on a global company-wide basis to cross-functional stakeholders, including business teams, line of business attorneys, Information Security, IT, HR, and M&A transaction and integration teams
• Prepare privacy presentations and reports for company executives and legal leadership team with support from Legal Compliance Privacy team
• Advise on personal data incident matters, including breach notifications and remediation plans
Manage SPE's Legal Compliance Privacy Program for Global Operations
• Design and implement privacy program process improvements
• Create, develop, and enhance privacy compliance policies, tools & processes, such as data protection notices, privacy policies, collection intake forms, privacy impact assessments, and contract templates for third party agreements
• Provide recommendations regarding internal and external resources to support the privacy program
• Liaise with Sony Group Corporation and its operating companies regarding privacy requirements and strategies
• Monitor domestic and international privacy developments and identify related best practices
• Maintain up-to-date RACI of privacy program roles and responsibilities
Manage SPE's Legal Compliance Privacy Team
• Supervise 3 attorneys on SPE Legal Compliance Privacy Team
• Provide substantive legal oversight on employee and consumer data privacy advice provided by team
• Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
• Delegate tasks and set goals, priorities, and deadlines
• Provide feedback and coaching on performance and identify training needs
• Motivate team members, recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
Support Legal Compliance team
• Support Legal Compliance group initiatives and projects as needed.
Specialty - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• JD degree from ABA accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
• Member of the State Bar of California or qualified to practice in California as registered in-house counsel.
• Minimum 7-10 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house legal experience, including providing privacy advice for digital marketing activities and management experience.
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) preferred.
• Direct experience applying US and non-US privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines in a business context.
• In-depth experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
• Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the company.
• Flexibility to manage multiple matters, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to identify prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively in a complex and creative environment.
• Be an innovative/creative problem solver who is able to find legal solutions to business issues.
• Be comfortable with a fair amount of ambiguity.
• Be down to earth with high emotional intelligence, sound judgment, common sense, confidence, commitment to the team, and the ability to act decisively.
• Maintain a positive attitude, sense of humor, and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all US non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at [[EMAIL]]
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp541-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.