Vice President, Marketing, US Distribution
Sony Pictures Television (SPT)
Job Title: VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING, US DISTRIBUTION
Reporting to: SVP, Global Brand Marketing
Job Overview: The US TV Brand Marketing group supports the Distribution and Syndication teams in positioning, launching and supporting all sales priorities. Located in Culver City, the Vice President of US TV Distribution Marketing will be responsible for leading and driving the integrated marketing and communication strategies to build brand awareness and drive viewership of Sony Pictures Television's portfolio of content across all second run platforms, including Cable, Pay TV, SVOD, AVOD and Syndication. The ideal candidate is a creative and strategic marketer; driven, collaborative and has a deep passion for content.
• Provide insight, strategic thinking, management, and creative direction around brand projects to deliver on established SPT goals.
• Oversee the team's development, creation, and implementation of US sales collateral, shepherding client pitches with input from Research and Data Insights
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of Sales priorities and objectives as the driving force for marketing activities, closely aligning with Sales Planning team to understand deal status and contractual commitments
• Oversee the team's marketing support of all syndicated series launches, including maintaining long-standing relationships with affiliate stations; partner with local news and promotion department to execute all opportunities; negotiate co-op dollars and on-air commitment
• Develop and produce multi-platform marketing campaigns across Media, Digital Marketing, Experiential and Social Media working with internal and external agencies finding new and innovative tactics to promote off-net series
• Spearhead global marketing initiatives for the division's high-profile library growth goal, working alongside regional and territory marketing, research and sales teams
• Drive brand management of YouTube channel for SPT's deep bench of fan favorite TV library titles including The Nanny, Community, Norman Lear, Married with Children along with current hits ensuring all titles are on brand and cross-promotional for distribution deals
• Lead the team on all promotional and marketing tactics around the high priority juggernaut, Seinfeld, across all partners inclusive of SVOD, cable and syndication partners while spearheading communication across stakeholders inclusive of Castlerock, WB and talent management
• Forge and maintain collaborative cross-company relationships by staying highly aligned with multiple teams, including Creative Content, Publicity, Legal, Research, Franchise, Music, Consumer Products
• Partner with PR team to gain access to talent for sales and client needs
• Maintain departmental budget, working closely with internal teams to ensure alignment
• Drive the activity around priority sales markets including NATPE, Promax Station Summit, LA Screenings and NAB
• BA in Marketing or related field
• Minimum 12+ years of experience in Entertainment industry with managerial experience
• Must be capable of leading and motivating teams as a facilitator who gets things done; Experience in the B2B and B2C space preferred
• Excellent verbal/written communication
• Strong knowledge and experience in digital and social media marketing
• Possesses high standards of professionalism and leadership
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain solid working relationships with clients, sales force, staff/agencies/consultants.
• Must be flexible and adaptable
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zn8z-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.