Unreal Engine Engineer - Tech Dev
Sony Pictures is seeking a skilled and innovative Unreal Engine Developer with a strong focus on virtual production to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development of immersive and interactive virtual experiences using Unreal Engine. Your work will directly contribute to our cutting-edge virtual production projects which include film, television, and interactive multimedia.
The Unreal Engine Engineer will be responsible for the development and integration of innovative tools that can enhance and create new interactive technologies for the virtual production and future entertainment initiatives. This role will be responsible for supporting the development of immersive and interactive virtual experiences using Unreal Engine, as well as building out pipelines for immersive AR, VR and MR experiences. Your work will directly contribute to our cutting-edge virtual production projects at Sony Pictures.
• Design, develop, and implement real-time 3D projects for virtual production using Unreal Engine
• Work closely with directors, cinematographers, and other department leads to understand and achieve the project vision
• Optimize real-time graphics for high performance and visual fidelity
• Collaborate with the virtual production team to integrate real-time visual effects and digital environments with live-action footage
• Develop custom tools, scripts, and plugins to streamline virtual production workflows
• Assist in the creation of believable CG environments, characters, and assets
• Troubleshoot technical issues and challenges during the virtual production process
• Ensure deliverables meet quality standards and project deadlines
• Actively participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions to improve processes and workflows
• Stay current with the latest virtual production techniques and developments in Unreal Engine
• Provide Unreal Engine support, advice and guidance as required
• Proficient in Unreal Engine, and game engine technologies, with a portfolio showcasing relevant projects
• Strong understanding of virtual production concepts and pipelines
• Proven experience with real-time rendering, shading, lighting, and visual effects
• Familiarity with cinematography and the integration of CGI into live-action footage
• Solid programming skills in C++, C#, Python, and/or other relevant languages
• Knowledge of 3D math, physics, and computer graphics principles
• Experience with motion capture, camera tracking, and performance capture technologies
• Extensive knowledge of code management practices.
• Deep knowledge of agile working practices.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and debug.
• Deliver technical solutions in a rapidly-changing environment.
• Communicate complex issues to end users and key stakeholders.
• Document work in a professional manner.
• The candidate should be fluent in English.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $100K-$130K. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15m40-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.