Finance Rotational Associate Program, Summer
Culver City, CA
SVP, Finance Media Networks
Sony Pictures Television operates a large linear and digital networks business in India and successful anime and kid's channels in Japan.
Sony Pictures Networks India has several channels including Sony Entertainment Television one of India's leading Hindi general entertainment television channels; MAX, India's premium Hindi movies and special events channel; WAH, the free-to-air channel for Hindi movies; SAB the family-oriented Hindi comedy entertainment channels; PAL, a genre leader in rural Hindi speaking markets showcasing the best of Hindi general entertainment and Hindi movies from SPN's content library, Sony BBC Earth, the premium factual entertainment channels, Sony AATH, the Bangla entertainment channel; YAY!, the kids entertainment channel; several sports entertainment channels – SONY SIX, SONY TEN; Sony Marathi, the Marathi general entertainment channel; SonyLIV - the digital entertainment VOD and SVOD platform which is poised for growth; SPN Productions, the networks' film production arm and Studio NEXT the independent production venture for original for TV and digital media. SPNI reaches over 700 million viewers in India and is available in 167 countries.
ANIMAX, is a Japanese anime satellite television network, dedicated to broadcasting anime programming. Kids Station is a Japanese children's television channel showing anime and other cartoon material. Kids Station also airs anime aimed at teens and adults during the late nigh time periods. Both channels are joint ventures with Mitsui.
The Finance department collaborates and supports the head of Finance at Sony Pictures Television India and the Japanese Networks. The team provides support in having strong financial discipline and analysis/decision support and ensuring not only the needs of Business Unit Leaders but also SPE are met.
The successful candidate for the SVP Finance role will be responsible for facilitating or providing all forms of financial analysis to SPE executives, as well as leading a team of professionals.
This individual will have the following core responsibilities related to businesses with over $850 million in revenue:
• Report directly to Executive Vice President, Group Divisional Chief Financial Officer with strong business partnership to the Division Heads of the SPNI and Japan channels
• Collaborate with heads of finance in order to further support the businesses and SPE's needs
• Gain an understanding of the complex operating and regulatory environment in which our India Networks operate
• In collaboration with finance heads or local management understand and help define financial targets and goals
• Lead the annual budget and mid-range planning exercises including collaboration with the divisional leaders
• Facilitate or create where appropriate timely and dynamic reports to support management in executing financial goals
• Provide SPE management with analysis of financial results shortly after monthly, quarterly and year end close, including an analysis of budget/forecast to actual results, trend analysis or other important insights
• Regularly update SPE senior management with the status of all relevant pending financial matters
• Take a leadership role in continuous improvement of processes resulting in increased efficiency and/or effectiveness, with a specific focus on avoiding rework and redundancy
• Prepare a consolidation of for SPE executives all of Media Networks businesses (not just India and Japan)
• Be a leader across all Media Networks businesses or portfolio-wide or SPE initiatives
• Function as part of the business's SPE-oriented senior management team while maintaining appropriate financial advisory perspective and independence
• Work effectively with employees, at all levels, across the business including the ability to persuade non-reporting colleagues to timely provide information necessary for the success of the business and department goals
• Lead and motivate a team of professionals
• Act as an ambassador for Sony and always conduct self with honesty and integrity
• Travel as required globally
First and foremost, we are looking for an exceptional individual with strong intellectual, critical thinking, decision making, team leadership, humility, honesty and analytical and financial skills.
More specifically, you should meet the following requirements:
• A strong leader who can develop and motivate a highly competent team of finance professionals
• 15+ years financial experience required
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, to build and develop strong company relationships including key relationships which are matrix
• Strong aptitude for proactive problem solving, analytics, process/project management and controls
• Ability to partner effectively with all levels including senior management of a sales organization
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail with a strong analytical background achieving quality results
• Demonstrable quantitative and financial projection skills
• A mature, personable, charismatic and professional individual who has the temperament and demeanor that is a fit with the company's varied cultures across different supported businesses
• Strong MS Excel skills required
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of management
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
• CPA (or equivalent) and/or MBA preferred
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.