Sr Mgr, Business Development & Operations
Who We Are:
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the film & television industry's leading content providers. We create, produce, and distribute programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows, and formats, SPE is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the US, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. Sony Pictures Entertainment Company is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is growing its core team focused on strategy, business development, and operational excellence. The team works closely with SPE's diverse lines of business and other corporate functions to build growth strategies, design financial/operating models, and implement change management plans. The team drives change through strategic recommendations with thoughtful research and analysis, business model design, process reengineering, and program management.
The team is seeking a Senior Manager, Business Development & Operations with proven strategic experience and a deep passion for the entertainment industry.
• Develop strategic recommendations with effective data visualization, research, and analysis
• Monitor and support business strategy projects throughout their lifecycle
• Drive individual initiatives from inception to completion
• Liaise with senior executives to collect business intelligence and program updates
• Partner with divisional executives to develop and communicate mid-range planning strategy
• Support Business Development & Operations colleagues with additional initiatives as they arise
Skills and Attributes for Success:
• Highly curious – willing to look beyond the surface level to identify the key questions & hypotheses needed to solve problems and develop recommendations
• Creative & critical thinker with a track record of preparing impactful strategic recommendations
• Strong background with data (collection, cleaning, & analysis) and Excel modeling; working knowledge of statistics and data visualization tools a plus
• Excellent PowerPoint skills – able to design and own PowerPoint decks independently
• Excellent communication skills – able to convey complex ideas and analyses succinctly and persuasively to influence C-level executives
• Strong project management skills, including prioritization and ability to multi-task
• Experience with growth strategy, market entry strategy, and operational excellence frameworks
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
To qualify for the role, you must have
• BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
• 5+ years of relevant experience - ideally a combination of corporate strategy, management consulting and/or investment banking
• Detail-oriented, but also able to summarize complex ideas and develop compelling narratives
• Experience supporting business improvement initiatives in a dynamic environment
• Exceptional MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience and personal network in the media industry (e.g., at a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus though not required
• For MBA candidates graduating in May 2024, we are open to part-time work between now and graduation.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $131,900-$184,500. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3kxn-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.