Sr. Analyst, US Production Research
Division, Department: Sony Pictures Television, Research
Job Title: Senior Analyst, US TV Production Research
The Senior Analyst is part of a holistic team that supports production of content across all platforms of television: Network, Cable, Syndication, SVOD, and digital platforms. This position will work on current titles from Sony Pictures Television's slate, tracking performance while also delivering critical analyses and impactful data to inform a wide range of strategic decisions. The Senior Analyst will work across the organization with stakeholders in Marketing, PR, Current Programming, and with our iconic roster of show creators. This position will be the Research brand lead responsible for a variety of SPT series across different genres and platforms.
• Function as a Research brand lead for select Sony TV titles. This position will be the central point of contact for SPT stakeholders looking for deeper dives into series performance analytics and audience behavior trends related to the shows they are responsible for
• Build strong partnerships and collaborate with teams across the organization to support the pick-up, maintenance, and renewal of SPT titles
• Collect and analyze data from multiple sources (audience measurement, syndicated, primary, etc) in order to synthesize and develop a cohesive story, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions
• Present findings to Sony's Current Programming, Marketing/PR, and Merchandising teams, as well as to program creators, writers, producers, and directors
• Emphasize turning data and insights into actionable recommendations. Present and socialize findings throughout the organization
• Update and maintain research work on a regular basis through SPT's internal research socialization portal
• Produce regular insights deliverables (memo, tracking etc)
• Create additional custom analyses as necessary
• Assist with data validation and enrichment when onboarding new data sets. Continuously drive toward data insights improvements and efficiency by simplifying, automating, refining metrics, and supporting the production of new reports and dashboards where needed.
• Passion for all forms of television and content, and foundational knowledge of TV and streaming landscape
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years in Television Research
• Familiarity with media metrics and methodologies across all platforms – national, local, digital, etc.
• Experience with Nielsen Ratings and products, including: NNTV, NPower (National TV Toolbox), SVOD Content Ratings, Total Content Ratings, Ad Intel, Fast Affiliates
• Experience with WRAP Overnights and Sweeps is a plus
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative research is a plus
• Proficiency with analytics tools like Tableau and Excel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Able to distill and effectively communicate complex information clearly and concisely
• Must be comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing while maintain strict attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible, collaborative personality, quick learner, and strong, pro-active work ethic
• Enthusiasm and curiosity, comfortable with change
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p6zq-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.