The Solution Specialist in IT serves as a primary interface to the business users. With guidance from management, the Solution Specialist will assist the development teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and requirements of the users. As an individual contributor, users will rely on your recommendations, identifying/preventing pitfalls, and guidance toward sustainable solutions over quick fixes. The role requires the level of confidence to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn from all experiences while at the same time truly listening to the users' needs to design creative solutions. Must be comfortable working in an international environment with teams across different countries. Entertainment experience is desired but not a requirement as this role affords the opportunity to learn about the entertainment business from day-to-day operations.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Lead and conduct requirement gathering sessions with Business Stakeholders to understand and document current and proposed processes
• Produce User Stories with detailed acceptance criteria and functional test scenarios, in accordance with agile best practice guidelines
• Produce workflow and process diagrams to translate business requirements into technical language for development team
• Analyze current processes to provide recommendations for optimization
• Ensure that deliveries meet the requirements agreed upon by key stakeholders.
• Perform functional testing, demo, and UAT with internal team and Business Stakeholders
• Deliver end-user trainings and release notes for production deployments
• Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancements or projects.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in IT or related technical professions.
• At least 3+ years as a Business or Systems Analyst
• A passion for enabling and optimizing business capabilities and technology-enabled solutions and working in agile teams to drive change
• Demonstrated excellence in analysis, purposeful documentation, small and large group facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience using Project Management Methodologies, including Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and Waterfall models and principles.
• Experience with Jira, Confluence and other Agile tools preferred
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, including ability to clearly and simply frame business problems and objectives to gain alignment
• Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
• Knowledge of SQL is a must
• Knowledge of reporting tools like Business Objects and Tableau experience will be helpful
• Knowledge of finance/accounting workflows and film/television/streaming industry helpful
• Understanding of SOX Compliance, SDLC, and Controls audits
• Bachelor's Degree required or related work experience a must
• Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
The anticipated base salary for this position is $110,000 to $150,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzwmm-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.