Software Engineering Trainee, Corporate – Summer/ Fall 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
The SPE Trainnee will be part of the team supporting the PRISM/HUB global platform. This platform is used by Home Entertainment (HE) and Global Mastering & Servicing to manage all aspects and materials involved in a title's post theatrical distribution lifecycle. It is a vital component of the global HE and International TV distribution businesses, connecting the dots between Sales and the creation and delivery of what it takes to fulfill sales.
Some of the areas in the titles post theatrical distribution include: Rights, Avails, Release Schedules, Disc Configurations, Physical SKUs and Raw Materials, Metadata Localization, Ratings, Delivery Tasks, Customer Communication of Avails & Metadata, Menus and Menu Translations, Media and Artwork Component Requests creation and delivery, Value Added Materials, Trailers, Airdates, Dubbing, Subtitles, and the critical path of each component.
• Update stories and tasks on the team Kanban board
• Design, develop and test code towards delivery of user stories
• Research new technologies and techniques under the guidance of an Architect
• Learn and stay current concerning development best practices, emerging technologies, and software quality techniques
• Write, maintain, and execute automated testing scripts.
• Bachelor's, graduate degree or undergrad line of study in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
• Knowledge of Software Development Life cycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
• Experience with HTPP(S)/Web APIs/Service Oriented Architecture/AJAX
• Exposure to cloud computing technologies is a plus
• Exposure to version control systems like Github
• Exposure to Test-Driven Development (TDD) concepts
• Exposure to front-end control frameworks like DevExpress is a plus
• Exposure to performance tuning practices is a plus
• Exposure to Infrastructure As Code technologies like Terraform is a plus
The anticipated base salary for this position is $30/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn502k-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.